CHAPTER 2 - TYPICAL BAD BOY

I walked out into the hallway together with Jeongyeon. There was so much to see in this school and trust me, the library was the best part of it. It was HUGE. I would love to spend endless days reading books in there.

As we were about to enter the cafeteria, I saw the guy with grey eyes hurrying out and a girl was following behind him.
"Please tae listen to me once, I can explain. " the girl said partially sobbing.
"I don't want excuses. We're done and that's it. " the guy replied.
"Please.... "
Everybody was listening in until they were gone. I turned to Jeongyeon and asked her,
"Who's that guy? And what's with them?"
"Oh well that's Kim Taehyung, as you can already tell, he's pretty popular and the one following him is Kim Jennie. They were dating and Taehyung caught Jennie cheating on him but she claims it was forced and the guy she cheated with completely denies that. " she replied.
"Why would someone cheat on a guy like him? I mean not gonna lie but he is kinda hot. "
"Yeah. Everything thinks she's nuts. "
"Right" I say half laughing.

We entered the cafeteria and sat on an empty table with our lunch.
"So, you shifted here from Busan? " Jeongyeon asked me.
"Yeah, I lived there since I was born but recently shifted here with my brother"
"And your parents? "
"Actually... At the beginning of this year my parents went hiking and ... They never returned. Their bodies were found bitten by wild animals" I said in a shaky tone.
"Oh I'm so sorry"
"No it's alright" I said trying to keep it all in.  "Anyways why don't you give me a school tour? I would totally love that. "
"Sure anytime you like it"
We both giggled.

Before I knew it, the day had ended. Atleast for everyone else it had, but I got myself detention on the first day. I asked around a bit until I finally found the room. As soon as I entered, I made eye contact with the guy I was sitting with earlier. This time I decided not to ignore it and walked up to him.
"Hi" I said.
"Um hey. Y/N right? "
"Yup and what's your name? "
"I'm Jungkook. Sucks getting detention on your first day, doesn't it? "
"Sure does. But how did you get detention too? "
"Well let's just say I am mostly in here" he said and slightly smirked.
"Ahhh I see. The typical bad boy" I said bursting into a laugh.
"Yahh! Don't put it that way okay, I'm a nice guy" he replied getting all flustered.

Before I could reply, Miss Kang, the rude teacher I encountered this morning, entered.
"Silence, silence. For God's sake, this is detention not your lunch break that you can talk away! Now, everyone go and grab a mop from the store room and start cleaning on the second floor. Anyone I see sitting idly, be ready for 3 more detentions."

With that she walked out leaving me just standing there, dazed, questioning my life decisions. Sure, that's definitely a perfect punishment for being late to school. Probably judging from my reaction, Jungkook slightly chuckled and said,
"Don't worry, they made us clean toilets last time, this is still better"
"Wait... If you are actually the bad boy type, I don't suppose you actually do all this? "
"You're quite clever" he said smirking at me. "Wanna get out of here? "
"Would that be possible, I mean wouldn't someone complain? "
"Don't worry about that, I have my ways. " he said hugely grinning now.