6 - half a bottle of pink whitney

irl

izzy felt the splintering wood of the old docks bleed into her feet. sending a tingling feeling threw her spine, but that feeling also could have just been trying to match the way her heart was racing.

matt held her waist securely, trying to drag her off of the piece of wood.

despite his efforts, the girl just shifted in his arms so that she was facing him. their faces just inches apart, and she gives him an intoxicated smile.

"matthew."

"isabella."

"let go of me" she ordered.

"no" he persisted, "you are not jumping in the ocean after i just watched you chug half a bottle of pink whitney."

she groaned, "you can't tell me what to do."

"no i can't" matt acknowledged, "but i can throw you over my shoulder and carry you off of this dock."

"you wouldn't" she gasped comically.

he raised his eyebrows, letting go of her waist for a split second so that u could pick her up. as soon as she felt the warmth from his arms gone, izzy ran away as fast as she could. making her way to the edge of the dock like her life depended on it.

"izzy" matt caught up to her, grabbing her arm this time.

"matt" she giggled.

"i don't want you to drown" he told her.

"cool me either" she answered stubbornly.

he rolled his eyes, "we have all summer to get in the ocean iz, you can barley swim sober too."

"hey i'm a great swimmer," she lied.

"i had to save you from drowning in the shallow end at the club yesterday" he reminded.

"well" she titled her head, "you could always jump with me."

"izzy-" he started, but then he accidentally made direct eye contact with her. his heart racing at the sight of her deep eyes.

his silence had overcome the two of them, causing izzy to smile when she realized that she had won. she tangled her arm out of his grip and took his hand into hers.

the girl didn't waste anytime, she jumped off of the old dock and into the ocean confidently. dragging matt in with her.

their hands were forcefully separated as soon as they hit the water. izzy sunk deeper into the cold ocean. letting the water wash over her hot skin.

the salt water stings her skin in a way that makes her intoxicated brain feel at peace. izzy lingers under the water, the sunlight cascading through the water and hitting her face. when her lungs begin to burn is when she finally propels herself towards the surface.

as soon as she does, the girl turns her gaze to matt. who had just pushed all of his wet hair out of his face and was also looking for her.

she smiled, treading water as gracefully as she could. it was true that she wasn't a good swimmer, when they were little she had never even passed the swim tests at pools to see if she could go in the deep end.

matt noticed her slightly struggling in the deep water, even though he could touch the ground here. he smiled at her as if to say "told you so."

izzy just ignored that he had in fact been right about her lack of talent. she swam the short distance over to him and wrapped her arms around his neck so that she didn't have to swim anymore.