17 - bro go get your wife back

irl

"what the fuck is wrong with you" lindsey screamed, the warm summer air coating the two of them. their argument being the only break in the silence of the backyard.

"lindsey please" jameson pleaded, "i had a reason."

"what reason could you have for blocking jonah's number? you went onto my phone without my permission and blocked someone, then proceeded to not tell me for weeks," she continued, her eyebrows furrowed as she waiting for his answer.

"well," jameson thought for a second, "did you want to text him or something? why do you care so much?"

lindsey blinked at him, "oh my fucking god, what is wrong with you? it's the principle jameson, it's the fact that you invaded my privacy. you had no right to go into my phone without my permission and block someone."

"maybe i wanted to be the only guy!" jameson shouted, not realizing his words until he already said it.

"what's that supposed to mean?" she felt breathless, lindsey knew exactly what that was supposed to mean.

"that i want to be with you, okay?" his voice got softer, "not how we are now, not denying our feelings and tiptoeing around eachother. i want to actually be with you."

lindsey felt her anger fade quickly, a smile replacing it. she cupped his cheek gently, the two of them leaning in. jameson and lindsey's lips met in a soft kiss, it was hesitant at first. they were both nervous, treading on new ground.

lindsey broke the kiss, smiling at him, "this doesn't mean i forgive you."

"yeah i know" he dipped down to kiss her again, lacing his hands around to her waist. her hands found the back of his neck, they weren't nervous anymore. getting lost in the world that was eachothers lips.

"oh shit" a voice broke them out of their little bubble, "my bad y'all, please continue" a now very drunk izzy turned away and stumbled back inside. lindsey and jameson turned to eachother and laughed, before leaning in again.

izzy continued her way inside, saying hi to other random drunk girls and smiling to herself. she somehow found the bathroom, turning the knob quickly without knocking. when she saw who was in there, fixing her lip gloss, izzy was fully ready to sprint away as fast as possible.

"oh i'm sorry" she immediately stepped back to shut the door.

"no don't worry girl, come in i actually need to talk to you" sarah urged, her face was kind. izzy really wanted to trust her for some odd reason.

izzy stepped in, shutting the door behind her, "what's up?"

"let me just say, i don't know if you and matt are still together but if you are i am so sorry. i had no idea and then i saw your face and like i didn't know you would be here, i'm just so sorry" sarah rambled, clearly a bit intoxicated.

"oh my god girl, don't even fret about it, like this is not your fault" izzy put her hand on sarah's shoulder, "we aren't together but it's just hard to see, yknow?"

"absolutely, yes i get that" sarah actually seemed really sweet, and izzy felt bad for ever having that hate in her heart, "i'm gonna be so honest with you, we were like holding hands and shit and i just got this bad feeling. like, i couldn't get that look on your face out of my head. i told him something like 'bro go get your wife back' and walked away because i felt so bad."

izzy laughed, real laugh, "why'd you clock him?"

sarah thought for a second before laughing too, "yeah lowkey" the two of them had a good giggle in the bathroom, "izzy, you crack me up."