Prologue

"My eyes refused to watch you leave, so the tears fell upon my cheeks, blurring the image of the day, I lost the love of my life.

Prologue

Point of view Alena Underwood

Standing at the mirror, my eyes stare into Blaze's eyes reflection. We communicate silently. Back and forth we argue.

Don't do it. He growls.

"I'm going to do it. " I say while staring at the scissors.

Blaze rolled his eyes at me before shaking his head. However, he doesn't move from my bed. He knows my reasons behind this drastic change. Blaze has endured his absence just as much as I have. We needed to change, to transform.

This drastic change came from the deep desire I had to erase my old self. Something felt so good about knowing that he never placed his hand in my new hair, that he had never touched this skin that filled up with symbols and tattoos, or that he has never smelt this new brand of perfume I wear. This one is called Heaven.

Time had flew back since I left from Hellia University in late May. It was now June and the heat had already settled here. I had ample time to figure my surroundings, and had tip toe around my relationship with my dad who often left me alone. During my free time, I worked on myself. I worked out twice a day, and read a lot of my dad's collection of books on the supernatural world.

After reflecting at this past month, I looked back at the mirror before taking a few strands of my long blond hair. It is time to do this, and I am not going to back down now. I take a deep breath, close my eyes, and cut.

Slowly, in a few minutes, everything is done. My blond hair has been cut. My hair no longer falls behind my back. Now, my hair is short and barely reaches my shoulders. It changes my whole appearance.

A stared at myself for a few more minutes. I could barely recognizable.

My eyes have lost that beautiful tint they once had. They used to be bright and clear. They have changed to grey. My hair has lightly darkened too. It's like the color in my life has evaporated, shifting into something darker, and more mysterious.

In the few weeks I have spent with my dads, I've also added a few tattoos. One of my favorites is the rose on my ribcage which shows its thorns, proudly. It doesn't take away from the beauty of the flower, it only shows its power to protect itself. A few months ago, that flower had no clue how to protect herself.

Now, she learns how to control fire, and how to teleport. Most importantly, she tries to survive. She tries to survive without the oxygen that encompassed her world. How? How does one survive without oxygen? It's a slow death.

A death that is silent, and lonely. One that no one deserves but that wasn't my choice. I learned how to live without him.

Blaze growled back at me again. He was right, we no longer mentioned his name.

Now, while looking from the outside, my expression changed. The pain was no longer visible, just cold, and unapproachable Alena. An Alena that Ashton did not know.