one

Alyssa had always been kinda in the shadows at East High, she never really put herself out there enough to ever be noticed by anyone. She used to be best friends with Nini but then that ended and she doesn't know why.

Here Alyssa stands at the entrance of East High as she then put her head down as she made her way into the school and directly to her locker. Her locker was only a few lockers away from the one and only Nini Salzar-Roberts who was with her new best friend, Kourtney. As said before her and Nini used to be best friends but Nini found it very easy to replace Alyssa.

Alyssa, East High Junior
"I'm not going to say that I have anything against Kourtney, it's just...we all grew up together and we all go to the same school and that Nini kinda ditched me and started hanging out with Kourtney more and I just got left behind...like per usual."

"Yeah I had the best summer ever," Nini told Kourtney with a huge smile.

"And what does you-know-who have to say about this?" Kourtney questioned as Alyssa continues putting stuff into her locker.

"I'm waiting for the right time to tell him," Nini said as Ricky then walked up to her.

"Yo Nini! What's good" A new voice called from down the hall and that voice belonged to the one and only Ricky Bowen.

"How do you feel about right now?" Kourtney questioned, Alyssa then turned her head slightly towards where Nini and Kourtney were and also found Ricky and Big Red.

"Hey" Ricky said with a chuckle, Alyssa then turns back to her locker trying to drown out the conversation that was happening between the four.

"Pop off girl" Kourtney cheerfully and loudly.

"Stay out of it, Kourtney" Big Red said as he tried defending his friend.

"You stay out of it. I'm dismantling the patriarchy this year, and I'm not afraid to start with you" Kourtney shot back and soon walked off with Nini. Alyssa was going to close it when suddenly she had felt a presence behind her locker door. She closes it as she then comes face to face with the one and only Ricky Bowen with Big Red right behind him.

"Um, can I help you?" Alyssa asked, confused looking between the boys.

"I-" Ricky was cut off by the principal's voice filling the hallway as he talked over the intercom, saying the back to school assembly was starting, this makes Alyssa close her locker and walk away before Ricky had gotten the chance to say anything.

The thing was that Alyssa and Ricky also used to be very close but all of a sudden he stopped talking to her kinda like how Nini did.  Alyssa has always had a big crush on Ricky but never did anything about it since Nini was her best friend and she didn't want to interfere with their relationship.

Ricky, East High Junior
"I feel bad about not talking to Alyssa in over a year. I really do miss her and I want to be able to be friends but I don't think she will ever talk to me and I don't blame her. What I did was terrible, I mean I literally stopped talking to her! We used to be best friends and had been since we were born, but I screwed it all up by not talking to her and distancing myself from her. But I am on a miss this year. I'm going to get the girl and my best friend back...hopefully."

Alyssa had quickly made it to the gym, looking around the gym and saw her brother so she could sit with him but she had found him sitting with his own groups of friends laughing, causing her to sigh, she then found a seat next to a curly-haired girl who looked new cause she had never seen her before.

"Hey, I'm Gina," The new girl smiled as she stuck her hand out, "I'm new here, you are soo pretty."

"Thank you! You are so pretty as well! I am Alyssa." Alyssa said, shaking her, smiling back. They both then turned to the principal as he started to talk.

"And I am pleased to anounce that this year, seniors will be allowed to wear baseball hats on Fridays." Principal Gutierrez said as someone then yells out "Go seniors!"

"And now for the special introduction. This year, East High has a new drama teacher. With an announcement she swore, in writing, that it would not cost to much money." Principal Gutierrez explained before he looks to the new drama teacher. She then makes her way up to the podium with a student that Alyssa knew as Carlos. Everyone that knew Carlos or know of him all know that he is also known as 'The boy who belongs on broadway.' Alyssa has known Carlos for years and he is one of those people who are not afraid to be who is.

The teacher goes on to inroduce herself as Ms. Jenn and she proceeds to talk about how shocked she was to find out that the school where 'High School Musical' was shot had never put on a production of the iconic movie and that she will be holding auditons for the show.

"So...are you going to auditon for the show?" Gina asked Alyssa as they started to grab there things.

"Musicals aren't really my thing." The young blonde answered.

"Ohhhh come on! We can audition together! It'll be fun! Come onnnn!" Gina said as she tried to convince the girl.

"Alright! I'll audtion! Are you happy?" Alyssa asked making Gina nod and smile.

"I have a feeling that we are going to be best friends." Gina said before walking away leaving the young girl to her thoughts."

Alyssa is now at her locker when her brother walks up to her noticing the smile on her face. Something that he hadn't seen in a while, not since her two best friends stopped talking to her.

"Hey!" Wyatt said as he stopped at her locker.

"Hey!" She said overjoyed to see her brother.

"What's got yiu in a good mood? Not that I am complaining, it's different...really different." Wyatt knew that the last year has been really rough for her, with their mom dying and her losing her two best friends and them having to live with there abusive father it was reallt hard for them to find time to be happy, especially Alyssa. Their mom and Alyssa were so close before she died.

"I made a new friend."

"Really?" Wyatt asked happy as Alyssa nodded, "What's their name?"

"Gina, she is new here." Alyssa explained, "Also, I am audtioning for the school musical tomorrow with Gina, so don't wait up for me tomorrow. Well i gotta get to class, I'll see you later?" Wyatt then nodded as he watched his sister walk away happy.