Chalice Returns

Cuphead and Mugman went outside, they were ready to give their new abilities a little test, Mugman got out the camera and started recording. "Alright Cup, we're rolling, let's see what we got!" The two of them started testing out all kinds of superpower you could think of, but the last ones they expected were the bizarre ones, soon, Cuphead was able to get his finger to glow blue. "Woah! A finger gun? What kind of ancient warrior needed a finger gun?" He shrugged it off and then fired it at a tree, the tree fell down. "WOAH!" Cuphead shouted. He then started shooting at all kinds of stuff. "Woah, uh, Cuphead, um... could you stop before you break something? WAIT NO NOT THAT WAY!" Shouted Mugman as Cuphead suddenly fired towards the house, causing the chimney to get blasted off. "Oh crap, uh, sorry!" Said Cuphead. 
Later, Mugman gave it a try, he thought of something random and then he decided to spin around in circles hoping something cool would happen, suddenly he spun faster and faster until a literal tornado formed out of his head. "Um, Mugman? Could you stop please?! Woah Mugman wait!!" He shouted as the wind from the tornado suddenly grabbed the camera and pulled it in, it spun around a bit before falling down, Cuphead picked it up and said "Ok, it's still working, that was close." Mugman stopped spinning and instantly fell to the floor feeling dizzy. The two of them continued to mess around with their abilities until the evening, eventually they felt like they had their powers under control and thought it was safe to head into town.
The Cuphead brothers arrived in the town having full confidence that they were safe with their new abilities, but when they arrived in the city, they were shocked to see King Dice and an army of demons going around town looking for them. "Oh crud! Hide!" Shouted Cuphead as he and his brother hid in an alley, they watched King Dice walking down the streets. He then looked at a few civilians, and then he had an idea. He suddenly grabbed Sally Stageplay by the neck as he said "If the Cuphead brothers are here, they will help you." Cuphead gasped when he saw what King Dice was doing, he then threw her at the wall. Cuphead grumbled and said "I can't take any more of this, I'm gonna teach that creep a lesson!" Mugman said "Wait no!" Then Cuphead came outside and shouted "Hey! Looking for me?!" King Dice saw him and said "Ah, Cuphead, just as I predicted you would show up. Looks like your brother Mugman is here as well." He saw Mugman slowly step outside with him. King Dice smiled and said "This should be easy, demons, take them!" But then, Cuphead readied his finger gun as it glowed blue. When the demons saw this, they stepped back. King Dice was surprised, "They... they have the powers of the Calix Animi? I thought the Devil wiped them all out!" Cuphead smiled and said "Oh yeah! I got powers now sucker!" He then fired a blue bullet, but his aim was insanely off. All the demons started laughing. Mugman looked at Cuphead and asked "What's wrong?!" And Cuphead replied "I don't know! I can't seem to figure out how to aim properly with this!" King Dice looked at them and said "Oh you two, just because you have the powers of a long lost race of legendary warriors, that does not make you like them, attack them!" Soon, the demons began to charge at the brothers. "Aw crud! RUN!!!" Shouted Mugman, the two of them ran through the streets as the army of goons along with King Dice chased them, soon, King Dice launched several large cards at them, landing in front of them and blocking their way. "OH GOD NO! THIS IS THE END ISN'T IT!" Shouted Cuphead, he and his brother were panicking as the demons showed up ready to capture them. But then suddenly, someone landed in front of the Cuphead brothers, it was Ms. Chalice!
(Not my art)

She stood up and looked at the boys and said "Stay back boys, I got this

She stood up and looked at the boys and said "Stay back boys, I got this." She looked at King Dice. King Dice looked at her and shouted "YOU! The Devil's been looking for you for quite some time now!" Chalice sighed and said "Yeah, I'm aware of that!" Then she pulled out a finger gun! Cuphead and Mugman were shocked to see this "What the... she has these abilities too?!" Asked Mugman. Chalice then fired at several of the demons, knocking them down, King Dice then threw several cards towards Chalice, they homed in on her but then, Chalice jumped over every single one of them, she even parried on the ones that were pink! She got closer to King Dice before kicking him across the face, she landed on her feet again. Cuphead then said to Mugman "Yeah, and she's clearly way better than we are too. Who the heck even is she?" Ms. Chalice then smirked as she watched several goons ran at her. She then punched one of them and then fired a blue bullet at another one, she dodged an incoming pitchfork and then grabbed onto it, and snatched it from the demon's hand and bonked them on the head with it. She looked at King Dice and then fired a massive blue blast from her fists, before King Dice could react, he was blown to the ground, he got back up slowly and then ran at Chalice, Chalice used her dash ability and dashed out of the way and got behind him, and then she fired more blue bullets at him in the back, King Dice was being beaten easily by her, soon, he was too weak to get back up, Chalice then said "Time to send you and your goons back to the Devil, hey, maybe next time you'll get lucky!" And then she floated in the air and spun around, generating a golden tornado from her head and King Dice and all of his goons were launched away into it. Chalice then floated to the ground and looked at the boys, she then said "Never thought I'd see you two again, but you both need to leave! It is not safe, if you owe the Devil your souls, you might as well move out of the city!" Cuphead and Mugman were completely silent from what they just saw, Cuphead then said "I have so many questions..." But Ms. Chalice simply walked away. "Hey wait!" Shouted Mugman, he then said to Cuphead "Come on, we have to follow her, I want to know who she really is. First we find out that she's wanted at the Devil's casino, then we see someone who looks very similar to her in a painting in our basement, and then suddenly we see her saving our lives with the same abilities we have! I'm starting to think she might actually be the same person from the picture, come on Cup, let's go follow her." Cuphead sighed and said "Alright, guess this day can't get any worse...." The two of them followed Ms. Chalice in hopes of figuring out the truth.
(To be continued...)