Its My Fault

Caitlyn POV-

I made my way through the empty halls of my mansion, paintings of my family filling the once empty walls. I had just come back from speaking with my father about my mother, and the incident that had just occured moments ago. My mother was now dead, and Jinx was still on the loose. I refused to accept that fact and kept walking with tears welling up in my eyes, muttering to myself inaudibly as I continued to think about both of those tragedies.

As I reached my room, I turned the golden knob of my door and walked in, the door closing itself behind me sending a loud booming noise echoing throughout my house. My room was empty, at least i thought it was, until a figure entered my vision through the corner of my eye. It was Vi. She had made her way to my window sill and was sitting there, staring out into the hextech filled and corrupt city that was Piltover. She must've heard the door close, because as soon as it slammed her head turned around with a jolt and she looked me dead in the eyes. Something was wrong. Her eyes were blood red and her cheeks glistened in the rising sun.

"Hey Cupcake." Her voice sounded croaky, as if she'd just woken up. She sniffles and turns back to face the city, wiping the wet streaks of tears off of her face as she did so. Her soft pink hair was in a mess and her jacket and trousers were ripped and worn down by the events of the past few days. I started to walk towards her, worry and panic filling my head.
"Are you ok Vi?" I said, now standing to the side of her with my hand on her shoulder.
"Yeah," she sniffled "never been better."
As soon as those words came out of her mouth she broke down, sobbing uncontrollably into her hands and blood stained bandages.

"I'm sorry Cait, i'm so so sorry- it's all my fault, everything. If i'd never left Pow-Jinx in the first place none of this would've happened. You would've never gotten hurt, Jinx would still be the kind sweet girl she was before and your mum, she'd still be alive! God Cait i'm sorry-"

I cut her off by wrapping my arms around her firm waist, pressing myself against her back and burrowing my head into the crook of Vi's neck. She pauses for a second, but then takes my hands at the front and holds them close to her, sobbing into them now. Her hands are calloused and rough, contrasted with her somewhat soft and dampened bandages sending chills down my spine.

"None of this is your fault Vi, please don't blame yourself. Jinx made her choice by herself, it has absolutely nothing to do with you in any way." I say comfortingly. Vi is now quietly sobbing into my hands, muttering to herself.

If only she knew how much I cared for her.