02

CHAPTER TWO

COOPER DIDN'T MIND BEING alone, but when he was in an environment he wasn't used to it felt a little uncomfortable

COOPER DIDN'T MIND BEING alone, but when he was in an environment he wasn't used to it felt a little uncomfortable. conrad had run into a friend from last summer and the two were catching up. cooper definitely didn't want to sit around listening to that, so he took his beer and walked down by the water, ignoring the party going on behind him.

the ocean was peaceful at night and he enjoyed hanging out by the water. the sound of the waves was relaxing. he was only slightly startled when he heard a female voice from behind him. "i see the joint tucked behind your ear." he turned to see a curly haired brunette. "mind sharing? i'm going through withdrawal and don't feel like going all the way home to get more."

he hummed, "i don't really share my weed with strangers." he eyed her up and down before shrugging his shoulders. "got a lighter?"

the smile on the girl's face made him chuckle as she quickly pulled what he asked for out of her pocket. he put the drug between his lips and lit it before taking a hit. he willingly handed it over to the girl and she bowed her head as a 'thank you' before taking a big puff of it. the two ended up sitting in the sand a decent distance away from the water (so they wouldn't get wet from the waves) and took turns inhaling the drug and blowing out smoke, talking about random things.

"now to the juicy stuff." allie smirked, handing the joint back to cooper. "you said you came here for the summer with your best friend. i can tell you're iffy about being here, so what's up?"

cooper shook his head. "nothing's up. this is just the first time being away from my mom. i guess i'm worried that she'll get lonely."

allie hummed in understanding. "there's always facetime." she eyed him as he nodded in agreement. "plus, you're not far from home, right? you can always go back for a day or two to see her."

"true." he agreed. they'd finished the joint a few minutes before and he silently huffed because he didn't have any more on him. his eyes trailed over to a certain curly haired boy that was talking to a group of girls and the girl's gaze followed.

a small smile appeared on her lips. "there's something else bothering you, isn't there?"

cooper looked back at her and the smile that was barely visible on her lips made him realize she'd noticed him staring at the younger boy. "my best friend's brother kind of hates me, so i'm not entirely wanted here."

"don't let some stupid kid stop you from enjoying your summer." allie shrugged her shoulders. "especially because you've now met me and it's going to be the best summer of your life."

he hummed, a small smile forming on his lips as he nodded, "you're right." he looked back over at jeremiah to see him already looking in his direction. when their eyes locked jere quickly turned back to the girls and a smirk spread on cooper's face. "besides," he looked back to allie. "i get to annoy the shit out of him by being here, so it's actually a win-win for me."

"i like the way you think." allie smiled. they ended up exchanging numbers before allie had to meet back up with her friends because they were leaving. he remained seated in the sand for a bit longer before deciding to find conrad and tell him he was ready to leave.

sirens sounded behind him and he spun around to see a cop car pulling up to the bonfire. his first instinct was to find the boy who he knew had been drinking a lot, but everyone was frantically running around. his own head was spinning and he felt dizzy from the chaos. he froze in his spot, fingers coming up to run at his temples as he squeezed his eyes shut. he felt someone grab his wrist and yanked him in the direction of where all the cars were parked.

"slow down!" he groaned.

"why the fuck am i taking care of you two idiots?" jeremiah's voice made cooper roll his eyes as he was shoved into the car.

"because you're our bitch." conrad hiccuped from next to the boy and cooper looked over at him with a wide smile before whipping his head around to look at jeremiah again.

"he's not entirely wrong."

jeremiah scoffed, slamming the door before he climbed in the driver's seat and waited for belly to get in. she was talking to some boy she'd met on the beach and was trying to get him to drive her home, but jeremiah refused. steven was on the other side of conrad fake-gagging at his sister as she kissed the stranger's lips and got in the car. cooper glanced over to see conrad's facial expression and frowned at the obvious sadness displayed on his face.

the ride home was quiet and cooper spent most of the time looking out the window. steven and conrad were passed out two minutes down the road while jeremiah kept the radio on a low volume and belly leaned her head against her window the whole time. when they got back to the house, belly helped steven inside and jeremiah directed conrad towards the house also.

cooper rubbed at his face as he leaned against the side of the car and let out a small whine. he was high as a kite, a bit tipsy, and was really tired. his head was spinning and he wasn't sure if he was gonna puke or not. he wasn't sure how long he'd been outside, but he ended up sitting on the ground, resting against the tire of the jeep. his eyes were closed and he probably would've fallen asleep if someone didn't kick his foot.

"i should just leave you out here, but i know i'll get shit from conrad in the morning if you're not in your bed, so let's go." jeremiah's obnoxious voice made cooper groan and he waved him off.

"i'll be fine."

"get up, cooper." jeremiah kicked the older boy's foot again.

cooper squinted his eyes, looking up at the boy. his curly hair was messy–he'd definitely been running his fingers through his hair–but his blue eyes still looked bright in the dark. the only lighting coming from the front door lights. "i really don't think i can." jeremiah rolled his eyes and leaned down to wrap an arm around cooper's torso. he helped the boy up and directed him into the house and up the stairs to the guest room he was staying in. jeremiah practically pushed cooper onto his bed and the older boy huffed. "why do you have to be like that?"

"because i don't like you." jeremiah stated, watching cooper roll over, laying on his back.

"why don't you like me?" cooper fake-pouted.

jeremiah mumbled, "you're a bad influence."

cooper scoffed, quickly sitting up. he groaned, clutching his forehead as he did so. "fuck." he cursed under his breath before looking at the younger boy. "how am i a bad influence?"

"conrad never smoked until he met you." jeremiah stated.

"were you always this annoying or did it just start when you met me?" cooper asked.

"go to bed, cooper." jeremiah muttered before shutting off the boy's light. he closed the door behind him, leaving cooper in the dark by himself. he laid back down and staired at the ceiling for what felt like forever before he finally fell asleep.

GUYS I FINALLY GOT
THE MOTIVATION TO
WRITE AND though i am
not 100% pleased with it i
am happy that i was able to
write something

GUYS I FINALLY GOT THE MOTIVATION TO WRITE AND though i am not 100% pleased with it iam happy that i was able to write something