Chapter 29 - Teach her

"Mommy!" The sound of the little girl rang in the living room.

Anika opened her arms wide to welcome her daughter, who had just gotten home.

It has already been several days since they lived in the mansion. And three days ago, Leon enrolled the little girl in nursery school.

"How was school, sweetheart?" Anika asked her as she gently caressed her hair.

"Today, we learned letters! My favorite is A!" The child babbled.

She continued to tell her mother the contents of her day.

Anika patiently and eagerly listened. After a while, she carried little Addie upstairs to change her as they continued talking.

Leon finally came home, and shortly it was time for dinner. Adelaide repeated the tales of her day to her father. With that, the table was filled with happy chatters.

..............................................

After dinner, Anika was in Adelaide's room coaxing the child to sleep. Leon still had some work finishing up in his study.

Anika watched her daughter's breathing become steady, falling asleep hugging her doll. She smiled gently and placed a kiss on her forehead.

She stood from the bed and turned to the little pink bag on the princess couch in the corner. She gently approached it and sat down. Taking the small bag, she took out the books in the bag.

Every night since the little girl started school, this was also her little activity. Taking out her books and looking through them.

Anika gazed over the series of characters and letters in the book. She doesn't understand anything, but she still feels happy looking at it. Her phone also had lots of words she didn't understand, and she could only remember the actions Leon taught her for her to play on her phone.

She didn't know how to read and write, so she was very happy that her daughter could learn it. Her little Adie promised her that she'd read some words for her after she learned some, and Anika was looking forward to it.

As for her, she was already happy just looking at these books.

And this was the scene Leon saw as soon as he opened the door of his daughter's room. After finishing some work in his study, he went straight to Adelaide's room.

And in there, he saw Anika holding a book.

The woman probably felt the presence and turned to him. She smiled as she closed the book.

Leon watched her as he strode over. He sat beside her on the small couch and stretched his hand.

"Can I see?" His gentle voice rang.

Anika held the book and handed it to him obediently.

Leon looked at it and sighed in his heart. He wanted to hit himself as he realized he had been neglectful. He was too busy these days as the company was still in transition to his leadership. This led him to overlook this matter.

It seems his little wife wants to learn too.

"Want to learn words?" He asked deeply.

Anika heard this and couldn't help but blush slightly. She doesn't know much about the world, but she knew that people learn words at a young age. She was already this big and didn't know how to read and write.

But looking at the man's eyes, they were those eyes again that always seemed to assure her that she could ask for anything she wanted.

So slowly, she nodded her head.