Chapter 47 - Beach

The next morning, Anika woke up and marveled at the beauty of the place again.

She got up to look outside the large glass wall, overlooking the beautiful ocean outside. It's the first time she sees one.

At night it was breathtaking, but in the morning, it was been more enchanting. She stared fascinated; her hand placed on the glass.

She suddenly felt arms wrapped around her waist, a kiss damping the sides of her neck.

"Do you like to play in the water?" Leon asked her, still in his bed voice.

Anika happily turned to face him and nodded.

Leon smiled and pinched her cheeks.

"Okay, after breakfast. Let's eat." He said as he took her hand and went to the kitchen.

Anika followed and remembered something.

"Wait, I'll text Esther first. I haven't talked to her properly since yesterday," She hurriedly said and got out of Leon's hold.

Watching his wife hurrying back inside the room, Leon shook his head and just headed to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

............................................................................

Esther was dressed carefully in the mirror, putting more thought than she normally would.

She stood up and put on a beautiful shade of lipstick on her lips. Her phone suddenly rang on the table, and she saw it was Anika calling.

She answered and put it on speaker.

"Hey, Anika. I was just getting ready to go there right now." Esther said as she fixed her lipstick.

"Oh, Esther, we are not at home," Anika's soft voice informed.

Esther froze upon hearing this.

"What? Where are you?" She can't help but ask, inside her heart, she was annoyed and disappointed.

"We're in the Maldives! It's so beautiful here! Have you been here yet?" Anika happily taled.

With these words, Esther was suddenly hit with a realization.

It seems, this is a honeymoon phase?

Her heart was filled with bitterness.

"Not yet," She answered coldly. She hadn't been to the Maldives, but she knew how beautiful that place was, a must on a travel bucket list.

Esther was unresigned and felt she would be eaten by jealousy. Ever since she had that idea formed, it took root in her heart and was slowly on the way to obsession.

She was excited to see Leon and put to place her plan.

But it was actually ruined when she hadn't even started.

"Well, I'll take a lot of pictures and bring them home to you. And also, lots of gifts!" Anika happily continued.

Esther rolled her eyes and threw the lipstick back on her box. She took her phone and slumped back on the bed.

"Yeah." She responded unexcitedly.

Anika, on the other side of the call, thought maybe Esther was still sleepy, so she didn't disturb her any longer and bid goodbye.

Esther hung up the phone and stared at it for a while. She then opened a photo she had recently saved, it was from the internet.

The handsome and refined man sat magnificently and pridefully in his seat, his eyes filled with tenaciousness and self-confidence.