Introduction

David Rushed Down The Hallways Of St Thomas Hospital, Desperately Trying To Find The Room Where His Wife And Son Where.
His Eyes Were Blurred With Tears As He Feared The Worst, The Phone Call Was Brief But It Was Enough To Make David Panic, The Doctor Hadn't Explained Much Just That They Were Hurt, She Was Hurt.
...She's In Surgery...Your Son, He's Ok But Shaken Up...
David Tried Hard To Shake His Bad Thoughts From His Head But It's Hard When You Find Out Your Soul Mate Is In Surgery Fighting For Her Life.

David Saw His Eldest Son Sitting On A Chair Outside The Surgery Room, He Looked Frightened And His Face Was Tear Stained, His Arm In A Cast, His Fingers Tapped Up And Stitches On His Left Eyebrow, David's Heart Broke, His Son Looked Broken, But It Was A Relief To See Him Alive.
He Was Sitting Next A Nurse, Who Seemed To Be Trying To Comfort Him, Brooklyn Looked Distraught And All David Wanted To Do Was Be With Him.
"Brooklyn?" David Whispered Slightly As He Reached His Son, Brooklyn Slowly Turned His Head To Look At His Dad, His Eyes Watered As He Saw Him, David Took A Seat Next To His Son And Gently Pulled Him Into A Hug, Careful To Of His Broken Arm.

Brooklyn Buried His Head In The Crook Of David's Neck, And Held Onto His Tightly, David Ran His Fingers Soothingly Through Brooklyn's Hair As He Tried His Best To Tell Brooklyn It Was Alright.
He Wasn't Sure Though, He Barely Knows What Happened So It Would Be Cruel Of Him To Promise His Son His Mother Would Be Alright When The Truth Was He Didn't Know.
David Pulled Back From The Hug, Noticing The Nurse Had Gone.
He Turned To Looked At Brooklyn With Sad Eyes.
"What Happened?" David Asked Quietly, Brooklyn Sniffled.
"The Paparazzi Wouldn't Get Out The Way..." Brooklyn Started, David Stayed Silent, Rubbing His Shoulder Slightly For Comfort As He Listened.
"Mom Told Them Lots Of Times To Turn The Flash Of But They Didn't, And Mom Was Pulling Out.. A-and The a Truck...It Came...It Came Out Of Nowhere..I-it.." Brooklyn Stopped, And Turned To Look At The Door, The Door That Had His Mom Inside, Where She Was Fighting For Her Life, A Tear Slipped From His Eye As He Turned To Look Back At His Dad.
"Will She Be Alright?" Brooklyn Stuttered, David Sighed
"I'm Not Sure Brooklyn..." He Spoke Truthfully, Fearing He May Give Brooklyn False Hope.

David Wiped Another Tear That Had Fallen From Brooklyn's Eye, He Wished So Much He Could Tell His Son She Would Be Alright, To Stop His Sons Pain, But At The Moment He Had Never Felt So Hopeless.

"Mr Beckham?" David Jumped Up From His Chair When He Heard His Name, He Turned To Look Behind Him, Seeing A Doctor, His Facial Expression Was Sad And It Sent Chills Down David's Spine.
The Doctor Glanced Over David's Shoulder And Saw A Distraught Looking Brooklyn, He Sighed And Motioned For David To Follow Him, Not Wanting To Upset The Young Boy Any Further.
David Rubbed Brooklyn's Shoulder, Assuring Him He'd Be Back Soon Before He Followed The Doctor Into A Small Room A Couple Doors Down From The Surgery Room.
He Took A Seat Across From The Grey-haired Man And Clasped His Hands Together, Facing The Doctor Anxiously As He Prepared Himself For The Worst.

"Mr Beckham, The Injuries Your Wife Has Sustained To Her Brain Are Quite Significant" The Doctor Started, His Voice Calm And Collected As He Delivered The Bad News.
"We Have Tried Our Best But I'm Sorry To Inform You That Your Wife Is In A Coma..." The Doctor Revealed.

David's World Crashed Around Him As He Leaned Back In His Chair, Struggling To Come To Terms With The News.
He Rubbed His Face As He Stared Into Space As He Took It All In.
"What's The Chances Of Her Waking Up?" He Mumbled, The Doctor Let Out A Sigh Of Sympathy As He Continued To Speak.
"We Believe She Has A 50% Chance Of Waking Up, If She Does Wake Up, She'll Most Likely Have Long Term Damage Such As Amnesia..." He Told David, David Nodded Rubbing His Chin, Holding Back His Tears That Threatened To Fall.
"We Will Do Our Best To Try And Help Your Wife And Assure Her Waking Up And Being Well But I Cannot Guarantee, I'm Sorry Mr Beckham..." The Doctor said, David Processes All This Information, Slowly Taking It In.
50/50? That's A Good Chance She Got Wake Up Right? David Nodded, Yeah Victoria Is A Fighter, She Wouldn't Leave Him, Not Like This.
"Your Son, Brooklyn, His Injuries Are Minor, He Has A Mild Concussion, But He Should Be Fine, I'm Worried He May Suffer From Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Due To The Events Of Today, I'll Have A Nurse Run The Symptoms Through With You And I'd Like To Ask You Bring Him Here If He Is Experiencing Any Of These Symptoms?" The Doctor Asked, David Simply Nodded.
"I Know This Is Hard Mr Beckham, But Please, Think Positively" The Doctor Smiled Simply, Standing Up To Shake David's Hand.

How Could David Think Positively When His Wife Is In A Coma And His Son Was Quite Possibly Suffering From Post Traumatic Stress Disorder?

___________
Please Comment Your Thoughts^