Prologue

Woo! I decided to write another one because this story's been in my head for quite some time now :) SO EXCITED c:  My second work! *sheds tears of joy*

I promise this one will be a lot better than Falling and Fading. I hope you like it, and don't forget to Vote, Comment and FAN :D Plus, this story's a little different because it contains POV's from both main characters, but majority of the POV's will be from Allie. There are just some things that only Wes can tell :)

Video is Bloom. I found this through one of my favourite authors on wattpad. I LOVE IT. Makes me so happy:D

The more, the merrier. enjoy!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue

Do you know about those essays that you write in elementary school? You know, the ones with the cheesy titles of "About Me", "Myself", and so on and so forth? They're actually a great way of introducing yourself. So that's what I'm going to do.

I'm Allison. Allison Evelyn Reed. I'm a senior at Clarington High. My dad's a jewellery designer,  and the owner/CEO of the chain franchise, Kate Reed, which he named after my mother. My mother's an average housewife, but she's one of my most preferred confidantes and an awesome cook. I love my family to death, even my annoying yet caring older twin brothers.

My annoying, overprotective, doting twin brothers who just so happen to be cops. New York's finest, to be exact. Although they were both only 24, they'd already gotten enough credentials to work as undercover  in one of the more risky departments.

 Most people say I look like my mom, but behave like my dad. I suppose you could come to that conclusion. My brothers and I all share the same shade of hazelnut brown hair that we inherited from her. Our whole family was on an agreement that music was a big part of our lives. All of us loved animals. But that's where the similarities end.

Besides the obvious reason that I'm a girl, I've the only one who's gotten my mother's tawny, amber- hued eyes. The twins, on the other hand, have an interesting mix of greyish-blue orbs, courtesy of my dad. I tend to keep to myself more, but still maintain a pretty balanced social life. Brandon was the captain of the basketball team, and Matthew was the captain of the football team.

 Let's just say that most of the people in school interact with me for two reasons. Either to get with my brothers, or hope my "instant popularity" status due to being the sister of the two guys who used to rule the school and were the "hottest guys ever" (their words, not mine) would rub off on them. It was still going on even though my brothers had graduated more than five years ago, which is just creepy. I'm sorry my brothers aren't cradle robbers, ladies.

On the plus side, if any guy tried to bother me (and there was no shortage of that) , he'd learn his lesson pretty quickly.

 Like my dad, I'm a pretty calm person but I have a sarcastic streak. However, my brothers are the "shoot first, ask questions later" type of guys and can work their smiles and/or devastating grins and make multiple classmates of mine fall at their feet whenever they happen to pick me up from school if I didn't take my car. And somehow, they always wear their uniforms whenever they do it, which just attracts even more attention.

Girls my age having the hots for my fully adult (yet in some ways, not) brothers? Ew, much?

Oh, and Brandon and Matthew insist that I'm just a female, hormone-riddled version of themselves.

Oh well, that's what brothers do. Thanks, guys.

I've always been, though I detest the term, " the baby" of the family. That's right. The princess, the apple of my family's eye. My dad would say I was ,"the rose amongst thorns" and earn a few objections from my brothers.  It's probably because my mother almost died when she gave birth to me, and in the process, lost her ability to have any more children .My brothers have made it perfectly clear to the student body when they were in high school, that is, that when she came to the school, their little sister was off limits.

Every guy (who has the guts to ask me out) or that I've agreed to go on a date with has always been warned about my brothers and their interrogation tactics, which were good because they were cops after all. Otherwise, I was pretty much alright save for the few guys who tried to hit on me, but the mention of my brothers would send them pale. This may be a good thing, because I could skip all the harassments, but every time I'd even mention the name of a guy, or said that I had a date, the natural overprotective instinct of the males in my family would kick in and the questions would start to fly.

"What's his name?"

"How old is he?"

"Where did you meet him?"

"Where are you two going?"

"Do you have a chaperone?"

"Does he have a fake ID?"

"Do any of us know him?"

"Does he have a criminal record?"

"Does he know martial arts?"

And the relentless quizzing would go on and on, and the deluge of questions more and more ridiculous, till my mother would swoop in and say that I was old enough to make my own choices. They would reluctantly agree, of course for fear of my mother's wrath later.

But it's not so easy for a subject involving the safety of a younger sister to just be dropped like a tissue when your brothers are among New York's best cops.  Even worse, my dad loved Brandon and Matt's protectiveness over me.

On the night of the date, they would clear their schedules and the routine would begin.

1. Brandon would open the door, Matthew right behind him. Then they would try to intimidate the guy as best as they could before inviting him in. This alone was part one of the interrogation. According to Matt, they're testing to see if the guy is willing to put up with crap for me. Personally, I think they find it fun to scare them.

2. The interrogation would commence and go on for a good half an hour with me sitting on the sofa, with either one of their arms slung protectively over my shoulder, and me trying to desperately avoid eye contact with the poor guy in order to make it less awkward than it already was.

3. If they were satisfied, they'd let me go out with strict orders to be back before 11. If I disobeyed, or came back more than 10 minutes late, they'd find me. I don't know how they would do it, but they would. I wasn't about to test my brothers.

4. If they weren't satisfied, their final actions wouldn't be pretty at all..

They even did this on junior prom, when my friends, Cody, Tristan, Hannah, and Reagan came over to pick me up. As if they didn't know that Tristan and Reagan were dating. Cody and Hannah were also together, and they have been for nearly a year now.

I am aware that makes me the awkward "single lady" as Cody puts it, in our tight knit group of friends, but I was fine with it. I was pretty sure I'd never find a guy who could live up to my brothers standards and put up with their behaviour, anyway. So gradually, I stopped saying 'yes' to dates and rejecting guys. I was saving them from the harrowing experience anyway.

Then came the year that changed my life. Forever.

The time when I learned about love, heartbreak and what it means to let go. And it was taught to me by the last person I ever expected to learn it from.

Wesley Fallon Parker.

So that was my essay about myself. Now, let me tell you the next chapter of my story.