Guess Im in Love - Clinton Kane

Yes I know the last chapter was in POV form and this one has no POV I'm sorry I'm not a very good writer.

2/3

— Pretend Marian wrote this song —

Marian and I were at her house hanging out in her room doing zines. She went to look for more material and when I realised she was taking longer than usual and I noticed how quiet it was I knew something was wrong. Usually Marian would be happily humming a random tune. I got up from the floor and went to look for her. I found her in her studio room at a box full of a bunch of papers.
Not wanting to startle her I knocked on the door softly. She snapped out of her daze and looked up at me. "Hey you ok?" I ask in a soft tone as I walk towards her. "Uh yea just came across some stuff I wrote in the past..." she said her voice getting softer as she trailed off. Her usual bubbly lively self was hidden behind a frown that showed she was thinking about something that bothered her. "Wanna talk about it?" I ask knowing she wasn't really ok. "You would think it's stupid." Marian says in a defeated tone. "Well if it's bothering you this much then it is definitely not stupid." I say using on hand to lift her head up to look me in the eyes. "Promise you won't freak out?" Marian said with pleading eyes with a sense of dread. It was rare for me to see Marian in such a state, I mean we've only known each other for a week. I wanted nothing then to protect her from the mean side of the world and to see her happy. "I promise." I say holding out my pinky for her to take. Marian let out a short sigh taking my pinky with hers a bit of hope in her eyes. We went back to her room and sat on her bed, Marian took the box of papers with her. Marian took a deep breath dreading the response scared of what I would think of her after her confession. "I've been in a few relationships before this one, and because I make music I tend to write about anything and everything." Marian starts and even though I want to say that she sounds amazing and that anything she writes is amazing like I have countless times before I knew this time I shouldn't interrupt so I nod in response for her to continue giving her a comforting smile. "Well in every relationship I would write a love song about what I felt in it or what it felt like. But..everytime I would sing it to them they would look at me weird after and b-break up with me saying I was weird or moving too fast or c-crazy." Marian said and as she started to sob remembering the looks of disgust and awkwardness she got. I move closer and hug her tight rubbing her back. "Their the crazy ones, who in their right mind wouldn't fall in love with you." I say with my blood boiling at how whoever these fools treated her, they're loss. When Marian's sobs quiet down and still in my hug she asks "You're in love with me?" Only then it dawned on me what I let slip out without even thinking about it. My body tensed in the hug while my negative thoughts swarmed my mind 'What have I done?!' 'I just messed up the one good thing in my life.' While lost in my thoughts I had failed to realise that we were no longer hugging but face to face.  Marian had been calling my name multiple times. When I finally refocused my gaze into Marian's reassuring eyes my body relaxed slightly. We rested our foreheads against each other's, I took a deep breath trying to calm my mind. I then gave her the answer I knew deep down Marian was scared to hear after all she did just confess some personal stuff to me. "I am very much in love and still falling for you everyday." I say looking into her eyes for reassurance that she didn't think I was weird. Marian's biggest happiest smile emerged with happy tears in her eyes as she said "I love you too." I then see her eyes flicker to my lips and back to my eyes. I then do the same biting my lip nervously. We then both lean in and kiss for the first time. When we were finally out of breath and we pull away we both let out a chuckle both content with the fact that they found the perfect match. Marian then breaks the silence and says "you know..I actually have a song for you..it's more of a duet kind of..I know you say you can't sing but I've heard you singing to yourself a few times and you definitely can sing." I can't help but smile at her with so much love as she mumbles off. "I wanna hear it." I say simply with a loving smile. Marian then stops her non stop talking and smiles. She then excitedly jumps off the bed and into her studio room only the to be running back with her guitar. She then come back to sit across from me on her bed and starts.
    —— Start playing the song ——
While she's singing I can't help but feel completely calm hearing her heavenly voice so soft and full of emotion. My heart can't help but to flutter at the lyrics she's singing. When she's done I notice the slight nervousness in her eyes. I smile at her fondly and excitedly say "that was perfect! I loved it so much!🥺" Marian's face broke out in a big smile and relief filled her. "You mentioned it was a duet right?" Marian then looks at me with curious eyes and said "Yea?" Not expecting me to ask that knowing I've told her countless times that I didn't like my voice. "Teach me" I say knowing I would only do this for her.

Hope you liked it😊