「5」

"Wow, it's starting to get a little chilly." Ace clicked his tongue before crossing his arms over his body. 

Deuce, the prefect and Grim all glanced at each other in confusion before looking back at Ace, and in unison asked, "You sure you aren't getting sick?" 

Winter indeed was drawing closer, yet summer had just ended a month ago. Many interesting events occurred including Yuu's transportation into a new world and their enrolment. Not to mention, there had already been two overblots. Now that there was a new professor in a prestigious academy that caught everyone's attention, the four couldn't imagine what else would happen during a normal day.

"That's right, Night Raven College barely recruits any professors due to many of them already being old and having experience," Ace said. "Now that we have a new professor, and the first female in an all-male school nonetheless, I wonder how long it would take for the academy to be co-ed."

"Co-ed...I lowkey hope that doesn't happen," Deuce muttered. Exhaling, he glanced across the courtyard to see the professor they were talking about. "Oh, it's Professor Rhodonite. Do you think she could help me with some questions on potionology? Yesterday's class was much more confusing than I thought."

"Hah, that class?" Grim triumphed with his nose to the sky. "What was there to not understand?"

"Grim, you understood it?" Yuu asked. "I was sure that you were nodding off at the beginning of the lesson..."

"We don't talk about that!"

Little did they know, their voices were loud enough for Pandora to listen into their conversation. After the regular quizzes and constant reminders to self-study, it was now Halloween month. It was no surprise that there were students who had difficulty focusing on their workload. The same could be said for the professors themselves who had to attend meetings for the sake of Halloween and other events. 

Striding on her way towards a staff meeting, Pandora held in the yawns that continued to desperately kick in. As it was close to the Halloween festival, students had been hyped for designing classrooms and places all over the academy. Unable to recall whether she had that sort of youth when she was around their age, she decided festivities were not events she would personally be looking forward to participating. 

No...I probably had fun.

While she only attended a local high school, Halloween was still a prominent festivity that called for prioritised organising. However, the students were allocated to participate in what seemed like a 'school festival'; classes had to work together and provide either a service or event on the last day of October. Furthermore, it wasn't as if she didn't have any friends –– while they were all blurred from her memory, unable to be scavenged, Pandora decided to look towards the present and the future rather than the past. 

"I wonder if it's because I've already had an interest in researching back then," Pandora whispered to herself while strolling across the building. "But to think I can't even remember much of what I've done when I was in high school myself..."

She had never thought of it, yet at the back of her mind she felt sets of memories lingering behind –– perhaps she was suffering from some sort of memory loss? However, her ability to pick up content during her studies would have said otherwise. It did not quite make any sense nor did she have any academic knowledge about types of memory loss. 

It certainly feels weird, so I should get checked sometime soon. 

Switching off her phone when she walked closer to the meeting room, her ears could pick up audible words from other Professors who were waiting for her to arrive.