Chapter 2

"I Think She's Ready."
"It's About Time."
"We Took To Long"
"She Could Have Been Killed."
"She Wasn't Ready."
"She Is Now."
"Osaundi...Osaundi Wake Up." The Sound Of Xavier's Voices Along With Small Nudges Brought Osaundi Out Of Her Slumber. She Looked Around And Noticed They We're At A Service Station. "We Need To Fill Up. Nows The Time For A Bathroom Break If Any." The Young Girl Stayed Quiet As She Got Out Of The Car And Walked Into The Store With Xavier. She Made Her Way To The Bathroom To Take Care Of Her Business. As She Went To Wash Her Hands Osaundi Noticed A Marking On The Inner Part Of Her Left Wrist. She Had Seen These Symbols Before But Couldn't Figure Out Where. She Rubbed The Marking With Her Thumb Unsure If Maybe This Was A Joke Xavier Was Playing On Her Or Not.

Ready To Confront Xavier, Osaundi Stormed Out Of The Bathroom. "Xavier What Is This-" Before She Had The Chance To Show Him The Mark, A Sudden Wave Of Dizziness Came Over Her, Stopping Her In Her Tracks. Xavier Looked At Her Concerned. Her Head Started Spinning, All The Sound Around Her Seeming To Drown Out As If She Had Dove Underwater. Xavier Called Out To Osaundi And She Could Barely Hear Him. Knowing What Was Happening, Xavier Tried To Grab Her To Guide Her Out Of The Store But As Soon As He Touched Her His Hands Burned From Heat. He Snatched His Hands Back Incredibly Fast. "Xavier." Osaundi Called Out.

The Store Clerk Looked At The Two Weirdly, Wondering What Was Going On. Xavier's Head Snapped In The Young Boys Direction. "Leave." He Said In A Booming The Voice That Made The Boys Hairs On His Arms Stand Up. Scared And Confused, The Boy Quickly Made His Way To The Back, Not Wanting To Know The Repercussions Of Not Listening To The Man In Front Of Him. Xavier Walked Over To The Front Door To Watch For Anyone Coming To The Small Store. He Was Going To Swiftly Turn Them Away.

The Heat Emitting From Osaundi's Body Was Increasing Significantly. Items In The Store Either Started To Melt Or Writhe. Xavier Could Feel The Heat Causing Him To Become Slightly Sweaty. His Eye Shifted Back And Forth From The Door And Osaundi. Said Girl Could Barely Stay On Her Feet. Her Hands Met The Floor And So Did Her Knees. The Pressure In Her Head Was Steadily Building. With Tightly Shut Eyes And Her Hands Reaching Up To Her Head Wanting The Pressure To Stop, Osaundi Let Out The Most Ear Piercing Scream. A Strong Blast Of Energy Erupted From Her Body, Causing Everything In The Store To Blast Away And Blowing Xavier Right Out Of The Door He Was Standing Next To. Birds In Near By Trees Flew Away As The Leaves Rustled Vigorously. Xavier Hit The Ground, Landing Right Next To The Car That They Pulled Up In. "Fuck." He Groaned As He Slowly Pushed Himself Off Of The Ground. He Cautiously Walked Back Into The Service Station Seeing Osaundi Getting Off The Ground Glowing With A Bright White Aura Before It Quickly Disappeared. Osaundi Examined Her Arms And Body Before Hearing A Sound That Caught Both Her And Xavier's Attention. Shaken, The Young Boy From The Back Stood In The Doorway To The Back Room. He Looked Around Seeing The Mess That Had Been Made Of The Store. Xavier Walked Over To The Two Corners Of The Store Where He Could See Surveillance Cameras And Waved His Hands Over Them Before Approaching The Boy. "We Were Never Here." He Told Him. The Boy Looked Up At One Of The Cameras. "There Nothing On The Cameras. We Were Never Here. Do You Understand?" The Boy Hesitantly Nodded His Head Before Xavier Grabbed Osaundi Walking Out Of The Store. He Stopped In His Tracks Doing The Same Thing To The Store That He Did To The Camera's Inside, Wiping Any Evidence Of What Happened From Them. They Climbed Into The Car And Rushed Off.

"Are You Okay?" Xavier Asked Finally After Driving On The Road For A While. Osaundi Said Nothing But Continued To Stare Out Of The Window. Xavier Looked Over At Her For A Few Seconds. It Was Tremendously Quiet. Osaundi Was Having A Hard Time Wrapping Her Head Around What Was Happening To Her. She Looked Down At Her Hands, Turning Her Palms Up And Then Down, Examining Her Fingers. Suddenly A Wave Of Emotions Came Over Her And She Burst Into Tears. Xavier Felt Bad.
Xavier Had Been Watching Over Osaundi Ever Since She Was Born, Given The Task To Make Sure That The Prophet Would Be Safe Until She Came Into Her Powers And Could Do What She Was Born To Do. Osaundi Was Not A Regular Girl. She Wasn't Even A Regular Mystic Being.
"What Am I?" She Asked As If She Hadn't Already Been Told.
Xavier Opened The Middle Console Of the Car, Pulling Out Napkins To Hand Osaundi To Wipe Her Face.
"How Much Do You Know About The Great Divide."
"The Great Divide Is Suppose To Be A Mystic Dealing With Life And Death. I've Tried To Find Information On It Once But There Wasn't Much."
"Have The Fates Come To You Yet?"
"Who Are The Fates?"
"So That's A No."
"Why Are You Taking Me To This School?"
"I Feel Like It Will Be Safer For You. You'll Learn So Much More There Than What You Have With The Coven."
"Then Why Was I Ever With The Coven In The First Place?"
"You Were Brought To Me. I Was Tasked To Protect You Until You Got Your Powers."
"Some Job You Did." Osaundi Crossed Her Arms.
Xavier Sighed. "Osaundi-"
"No, Don't Sit Here And Tell Me You We're Suppose To Protect Me But Let Me Be Treated Like Shit The Whole Time I Was There."
"Look, Our Coven-"
"Your Coven."
"...My Coven Isn't Exactly The Best. I Wish They Could've Taken You Anywhere But There. The Witches Were Jealous Of You Okay. They Knew You Held A Power That They Didn't."
"That Doesn't Explain Why You Never Helped Me."
"They Would've Made It Harder For Me To Protect You."
"But Why?"
"There's A Long History With The Witches And The Great Divide. While Some Have Gotten Over It, Other Have Not."
"That's Not Fair. I Didn't Do Anything To Anyone."
"I Know. You Didn't Deserve Any Of That And I'm Sorry That I Couldn't Do More. If I Would've Tried To Punish The Other Students, The Others Would Have Punished Me. It Was A Lose Lose Situation."
Osaundi Softened At Xavier's Words. She Understood How Bad Things Could Have Been And To Not Have Xavier Around At All Would've Been Worse. While Xavier Knew He Couldn't Dole Out Punishments To The Students Who Would Bully Osaundi, Due To The Fact That The Coven Leaders And Witches Would Find Ways To Reprimand Him, The Students Didn't. All Xavier Had To Do Was Show Up And The Students Would Stop, Scurrying Off So That They Would Not Get In Trouble. The Problem Was, Xavier Couldn't Always Be There.
"Let's Talk About Something Else." Osaundi Suggested.
"Like?"
"Soleworth."
"What About Soleworth?"
"Well That's Where You're Taking Me Right? I've Never Heard Of Soleworth."
"Soleworth Academy Home Of The Extraordinary. It Was Founded In 1647 By A Man Named Vernados Soleworth. That Was The Year The First Person In America Was Executed For Witchcraft."
"Oh Yeah, Alse Young In Windsor, Connecticut."
"Yeah Vernados Was A Warlock Who Had Been Kicked Out Of His Coven For Practicing Dark Magic Without Permission. At The Time His Coven Wasn't Allowing The Use Of Dark Magic Unless You We're a Coven Leader. Vernados Had Been Practicing In Secret, Feeling That A War Was Coming."
Osaundi Looked Out Of The Window Before Looking Back At Xavier Whose Eyes Had Been Glued To The Road The Whole Time. "The Blood War." Osaundi Continued.
"Yep, He Was Right And During The War He Wiped Out A Whole City, Killing Hundred Of Humans And Mystics Alike. They Were Going To Make Him Pay For It But We're To Scared To Go After Him So Instead, They Emancipated Him And Casted Him Out. Soon After He Founded The School. According To Soleworth, He Only Wanted To Protect Mystics."

« • § • »

Hours Had Past By And Osaundi Had Resorted To Playing Games On Her Phone. Xavier Was Growing Tired And Osaundi Noticed This. She Had Asked His Previously, Multiple Times If He Wanted Her To Take Over But He Declined.
"Xavier Maybe We Should Pull Over." Osaundi Suggested.
"It's Fine."
"Xavier Please, You Look Exhausted."
"I Am."
Osaundi Huffed Out A Breath. "Why Are You So Stubborn?"
"I Guess I Get It From You."
"Hey! I'm Not Stubborn."
Xavier Eyed Her From The Side. "Sure."
"Well I'm Hungry."
Xavier Rolled His Eyes. "No You're Not."
The Young Girl Scrunched Up Her Face, Looking At Xavier Like It Was The Stupidest Thing He Could Have Said. "How You Gone Tell Me. You Don't Know What My Stomach Feels."
"But I Know You Well Enough To Know That You Think If We Stop It'll Make Me Rest."
"You're Annoying."
"We'll Stop For An Hour But That's It."
"And You'll Take A Quick Nap?"
"Fine."
Soon Xavier Found Him Self Getting Off Of The Expressway And Finding A Place To Eat. The Two Went Inside Of A Fastfood Restaurant. Osaundi Ordered Food While Xavier Made His Way To The Restroom. Osaundi Felt Uncomfortable, As If She Was Being Watched. A Feeling She Had Been Having Since The Stop At The Service Station. Knowing That No One Was Watching Her In The Car, She Felt Calm But Now That She Was Around Other People, The Feeling Was Amplified. She Inconspicuously Checked Her Surroundings And Nothing Seemed Out Of Place. Xavier Came Back Quickly And Let Osaundi Know That He Wasn't Hungry And Would Be Going To The Car To Start His Nap. After Getting Her Food, Osaundi Made Her Way To The Car As Well. She Devoured Her Food Realizing Just How Hungry She Actually Was.
After Eating, Osaundi Let Her Seat Back, Laying Down Identical To Xavier. She Turned On Her Side Facing Him. She Stared At The Sleeping Man, Examining Him. His Long Dark Hair That Transitioned Into Blonde, His Semi Long Scruffy Beard Which Hid A Squared Jawline, His Slightly Thick Eyebrows That Had A Natural Arch, One In Which Had A Slit From A Story He Had Yet To Tell Her And His Tan Skin. Xavier Was A Tall Man, Standing At 6'4 With A Bulky Built Physique.
He Was An Advanced Magic User, A Warlock If You Will. While Most Witches And Warlocks Would Not Master Their Powers Until 30 And Up, Xavier Excelled In Everything By The Time He Was 15. While Minors Weren't Allowed To Indulge In Magic Boundlessly, Xavier Didn't Have The Guardianship To Stop Him From Doing So. Xavier Mostly Raised Himself, From The Age Of 10 Years Old. Not Very Many People Knew Of Xavier's Past But In Moments Of Vulnerability, He Would Occasionally Divulge Parts Of His Life To Osaundi. Although Osaundi Has Known Xavier All Of Her Life, She Didn't Know Much About Him Besides The Few Things He's Let Slip.
Soon Osaundi Found Herself Falling A Sleep.

Osaundi Opened Her Eyes Seeing Nothing In Front Of Her. Everything Was White And Seemed So Bright That It Hurt Her Eyes.
"Osaundi." She Heard A Voice Behind Her.
She Turned Around Seeing 6 Women Sitting behind What Looked Like A Judges Bench That Was Also White.
"Osaundi Bons, Welcome." Said One Of The Women. She Had Strong Cheekbones, Plump Lips And Seductive Eyes With A Voice To Match. All Of Them Had Beauty Out Of This World.
"Where Am I?" Osaundi Asked As She Looked Around The Empty Room.
"We've Been Waiting For You." The Woman Continued.
"Who's We?"
"The Fates."
Osaundi Remembered Xavier's Question Of Whether The Fates Had Come To Her Or Not. "What Do You Want?"
"We Are Here To Guide You."
"Guide Me? Through What?" Osaundi Asked In A Tone Full Of Confusion.
"The Rest Of Your Life."
"I'm So Confused. Can Someone Just Tell Me What The Fuck Is Going On." Osaundi Was Starting To Become Annoyed.
"Osaundi Bons, You Are The Great Divide. Tasked With Being The Keeper, Dealer And Healer Of Souls."
"I'm Sorry?"
The Woman In Front Of Her's Facial Expression Never Changed, Nor Did The Rest Of Them.
"At Soleworth In The Library There Is A Book Called Anima Divisa. Find It, Read It, It Will Tell You Mostly Everything You Need To Know."
"Why Can't You Tell Me"
"Because We Don't Have Time."
"What-"
"Osaundi Wake Up! We Made It To Soleworth."