ONE

"Please return to your seats and put your seat belts back on. We're now preparing for landing into Heathrow Airport," the pilot announced.

I just sat there looking out the window with my headphones in. Listening to Secret by Burna Boy to calm my nerves. I didn't like flying, ever since my brother and mum died in a car crash, I've hated it and driving but it's gotta be done. As the plane lands I just sit and stair at the seat in front and it bounces along the ground.

I got off the plane and made my way to customs which I got through within 10 minutes. I texted Beth and told her that I've just got to get my suitcases and I'll be out. Still listening to music I stood by the luggage collection trolleys to get mine. I waited about 10 minutes before I had all my suitcases. I had 4  because I had been living in Barcelona for 6 years as I transferred from Aston Villa. I walked out and was looking for Beth. As soon as I saw her I sprinted up to her as fast as I could go whilst pushing the luggage and jumped up to hug her.

"ahhhh I missed you so much," I screamed in my very Brummie accent. 

Me and Beth met at the Academy for England when we were 14, we became best friends instantly. Even though she played at Middlesbourough and I played at Villa, we were still best friends. We played together all through the England teams until we got selected for the senior team. We were both so excited and couldn't wait but a couple weeks before the first training session my brother and mum got in a car crash and I just couldn't deal with it. So I just carried on training at villa until they got the offer at Barca and I ended up going there.

Ever since the car crash everthings just been different; my dad doesn't speak to me and my family don't talk to me apart from my Grandma (mum's mum) cos they think I causes the accident.

"I missed you too, Lots. Your gonna love Arsenal, and bet the girls will you love too," Beth replied with as she wrapped her arms around me. 

"Bethany shush no ones supposed to know until the signing tomorrow. I don't even know if I was supposed to tell you," I half-whispered. 

"Sorry but I'm so excited, we're actually going to be living with each other as well," 

"I know I'm so excited, can you please help me with my stuff I have so much,"

"Of course let's go to my car," she says as she grabs 2 suitcases and walks to wards her car.

We get to her car and Beth just puts the radio on as we have a lot to catch up on.

"So you got anyone," she asks as I stare out the window

"Nope, kind of just been focusing on football and stuff. What about you?" I reply with

"Not really," she says smiling and blushing trying to concentrate on the road

"So there is someone?" I stare at her with a smirk.

"Maybe but its just early days," she says still smiling.

"Who?"

"She plays for arsenal,"

"And? That literally could be anyone,"

"The Netherlands,"

"OMG is it Vivianne Miedema?" I say as I gape my mouth open wide.

Beth just sits there smiling  at herself looking at the road ahead of her. 

"Umm yeah it is," I say smiling at her

"you can't tell anyone, your the only, like literally we haven't told anyone because we don't want it going to the media. Plus it's still early days so it might not work out," she says trying to keep calm. She is telling the truth in the fact that they had only been seeing each other for nearly 2 months but it was going okay. 

"okay okay I won't but I'm so happy for you," 

"Good and thank you,"

We spend the rest of the journey just laughing and sharing everything that's happened to us in the last 5 years.Though we did FaceTime nearly everyday but its just not the same. We get to her house and she shows me it.

"Here you go," she says sounding like an estate agent.

"Thank you Miss estate agent,"

"Your very welcome, you've got an ensuite and a walk in wardrobe as well,"

"OMG Beth thank you so much," I scream at her in excitement

"Your welcome, what do you want for dinner by the way? is Nando's okay?" Beth says as she laughs and sits on the bed. 

"Yes please, can I have extra hot chicken wings please?" I ask with pleading eyes as a joke.

"God I forgot how you like everything burning as you can get," she jokes

"Well not my fault I've got a better spice tolerance then you," 

"alright it'll be here in about half an hour,"

"Thank you," I shout at her as she walks out. Whilst I wait for the food to come I decide to have a shower and get changed out of my airport clothes into some joggers and a hoodie. In the shower I think about how weird its going to be playing at Arsenal. I did miss England but one thing im going to miss in Spain is the sun, I've defiantly built a nice tan over the years. 

I get out the shower and I hear Beth shouting 

"Foods here,"

"Let me put some clothes on hang on," I shout back

Once I put my Urban Outfitters joggers and sweatshirt on I head down to eat.

"Fianlly!" Beth exaggerates

"Sorry but I didn't really fancy coming down with no clothes on," I reply

Beth laughs. We eat dinner just with small talk. Now were sat on the sofa deciding on what to watch. I want to watch Mamma Mia but Beth wants to watch some romantic comedy.

"Come on it will be funny and we can sing along," I reply back to her snarky comment about the movie.

"No please I'll cry," she jokes

"How about we watch both?" I decide

"Fine but a romcom first,"

We ended up watching Sex and the city then Mamma Mia, right now I'm walking up to bed cos I'm so tired especially with the jet lag.

"Night Beth," I shout down the hall as I get into bed.

"Night lots," she replies as I pull the duvet over me.

1061 words 

First part sorry if its bad im shit at grammar and spelling.