00 - the past

𝗵𝗲𝗺𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀..

MOODSWINGS
the past
________

19th of september, 2018.

"You make me feel disgusting," She breathed after shaking her head in disbelief, closing her eyes tightly as she tried to make sure she just heard him right.

"At least I still make you feel something," Luke mumbled underneath his breath, his hand holding the crystal glass filled with remnants of his favorite whiskey. Only this time, he wished he could down the whole fucking bottle to stop his feelings swarming back and forth.

Emerson Healy and Luke Hemmings had been together for four and a half years before both of their lives came crashing down onto them. With Emerson getting a raise at her nursing job and Luke getting the recognition he deserved as a new musician, it seemed as if the both of them lived completely different lives and none of them existed in each other's worlds.

"So we really got to this point, huh?" Emerson sighed softly as she reached for the duffel bag she packed after Luke told her to leave his apartment, a loss for words and knife inside her heart, "Even if we promised we never would. We'd never be the ones to give up."

"I don't want to give up," Luke breathed, his tired, bloodshot eyes finally darting upwards to look at her. The way she stood in front of the door, shoulders slumped and tear stained cheeks making Luke hate himself for causing her so much pain. But then again, they caused each other's pain and they had been for a while. "But it seems as if we have given up a while ago, Sonny."

Breaking up seemed the right thing to do, but as the both of them were getting older, they found out that being stubborn teens in combination with miscommunication would be the biggest mistake of their lives.