🐍 2: Ousei's New Home 🐍

After gathering a few items from the Iguro clan compound, the blonde-haired man set off on his journey to the Hidden Leaf Village on his mission.

He was jumping from branch to branch with the young baby close to his chest for security as he was making the journey to Hidden Leaf village to get rid of the host of Zankoku, the demon who had attacked the village.

He always respected Mitsuri, and Obani being a former student of Obani, but he knew that the village would never feel safe with the host of a demon growing up in the village, even if he was from a well-respected clan.

'I'm sorry that it came to this, Mitsuri and Obani-sensei, but I'm afraid your son must be sent away for the village's sake.' He thought, looking down at the sleeping baby boy.

After four weeks' journey from the Village hidden in the forest and three days through the Land of Wind, he sighed as the young baby boy started crying in his arms.

He then noticed that the gate to the Hidden Leaf village was close in view and secured the blanket around the child as he felt a presence nearby and quickly placed the child next to a tree with a scroll next to him as he heard footsteps approaching.

The man sent the young baby a last glance as he quickly rushed off the way he came from.

'I'm sorry it had to come to this little one, but I'm  sure you grow up fine.'

••••

A man wearing a red and white fox-looking mask and a black and grey uniform was seen walking through the forest, returning back from his mission when he heard the sound of a baby crying.

'That crying sounds like a baby?' He questioned in thought as she looked around for the source of the crying.

He walked in the direction of the crying when he finally spotted a bundle wrapped in a black blanket next to a tree with a scroll lying next to the child.

"So there is a baby out here, and there seems to be a scroll with the little guy as well," The fox guy whispered, looking down at the crying child."Hey there little guy," He said, picking up the child.

'I should let the Hokage know that I found this child out here alone.' He thought, putting the scroll in his pouch as he walked towards the gate.

He arrived at the gate to see Kotetsu and Izumo sleeping at the gate.

"Hey, you two," He said, taping their shoulders and making them jump.

"Ah, Kitsune, your back," Izumo said.

"Yes, but did you two notice someone leave this child?" He asked.

"No, we haven't heard anyone come but you just now," Kotetsu replied.

"Alright, they must have just taken off after leaving the child near the tree then," Kitsune said, looking at the baby in his arms before walking through the gate.

••••

The fourth Hokage was sitting in his office reading over a mission report from one of the returning shinboi from their mission when he heard a knock on the door.

"Come on in!" He called on out.

The door opened as Kitsune walked into the holding the bundle consisting of Ousei, who fell back to sleep from his crying earlier.

"Kitsune, you have returned, and you brought a child with you," He commented.

"Yes, sir, I found him alone not too far from the gate."This scroll and I found this letter in his blanket being all that was went him," He said, holding out a scroll and letter in his other hand that wasn't holding the baby.

"Let's see," He said, taking the note and reading it.

Lord Hokage,

I leave you the Ousei sole survivor of the Iguro clan. Sadly his parents, Obanai Iguro and Mitsuri Kanroji had recently passed away due to a Demon attack. It was defeated, but not at the cost of their death. I hope you will take care of this child. I am afraid he has been given a burden that will never be accepted back home, but I believe he will have a better chance in the Hidden Leaf.

Lady Mina

Minato looked up from the letter and realized that the boy resembled the famous Obanai and Mitsuri as he looked up at the boy in Kitsune's arms.

"It seems his clan lost their life fighting a demon that attacked them, leaving the boy as the sole survivor," Minato said, grabbing the baby from Kitsune."Kitsune, we will deal with your mission report later; for now, send me Amane, the second head caretaker of the orphanage."

"Yes, Lord, fourth, I will go get her," Kitsune bowed, leading the scroll down on the desk before he left the Hokage office.

"Little guy, what burden could you have not to be accepted in your village?" Minato questioned, looking at the baby in his arms.

After a good twenty minutes, a knock was once again heard on the door.

"You may come!" He called out.

The door then opened as a woman with pale skin, and large lavender eyes, and short eyebrows walked into the office. She had white hair swept to te right in a short ponytail with two stands of her hair let loose to th front of her face. She wore a salmon color kimono with an ombre orange pattern at the top with flower patterns on it.

 She wore a salmon color kimono with an ombre orange pattern at the top with flower patterns on it

"You summon me, Lord Fourth?" She asked with a bow.

"Amane, I want you to take this young baby to the orphanage and get him on wash on up and take care of him until and care for him until we can get a family to take him in hopefully," Minato said, holding out Ousei for her take.

"I understand. I will care for him as I do my child and the other orphan close in my care," She smiled, taking Ousei from the Fourth Hokage's hands.

"I know that's why I chose you from the other caretakers in the orphanage," Minato said with a nod as Amane left the Hokage office with Ousei in her arms as Hokage headed her the scroll.

Here we go, the second chapter of the story. I hope you enjoy the second chapter. I have been having a good time writing the story so far. I didn't change much, but did make a few slight changes and edits.

Question of the day: If I were to write another Demon Slayer story, would you like it to be a crossover as well?

Word Count: 1105