Prologue

3rd POV
Charlie Swan sat outside his house on the back porch gazing at the forest with a heartbroken and empty expression on his face.

His parents died this morning only three days after Renee left and took their daughter with her. They were married for five years and had their beautiful 3 year old daughter together, but it wasn't enough for Renee. The town of Forks was too boring and depressing for her with its small town charm and cloudy/rainy weather.

Charlie had always found it to be peaceful and comforting as if the clouds were shielding the from the horrors of the world.

Renee said that they would start visitation when Bella was 8 and Charlie had to agree because he couldn't afford a lawyer after his parents medical bills, and Renee was expecting child support next month. He'd have to send her $5,000 monthly if he wanted to see his daughter again.

Charlie sighed and sipped his beer only to freeze when he caught sight of a breath taking woman. She had silvery platinum hair with sparkly eyes that he could see even in the distance. Her deep olive skin glimmered faintly in the moonlight and she wore a black toga dress with bits of magenta, blue, and green poking out of the skirt. Her feet were bare and her neck held seven silver necklaces with the bottom one being a crescent moon and the others were stars.

Charlie was in awe of her for a brief moment before scrambling upwards and dropping his beer on the ground in his haste to help the woman who seemed so lost "Hey! Are you okay?!" He asked rushing over

Charlie was in awe of her for a brief moment before scrambling upwards and dropping his beer on the ground in his haste to help the woman who seemed so lost "Hey! Are you okay?!" He asked rushing over. When he finally made it to her side he hovered his hands around her, but didn't dare touch her.

She smiled at him and let out a musical laugh that was so deep and beautiful that Charlie froze once more in awe. The woman reached out and cupped Charlie's cheek, gently running her thumb underneath his eye. The gesture was so sweet that Charlie melted and leaned into her touch making the woman smirk "Yes.....you'll do quite nicely, pet."

Confused Charlie opened his eyes and asked "What?" The woman shook her head and said "Just do as I say and everything that you're feeling right now will disappear" Charlie was confused and hesitant, but decided to trust this mysterious woman so he nodded making her smirk once more "Good boy."

~~~timeskip~~~
Charlie woke up the next morning feeling different. The heartbreak of Renee's leaving was gone.

Last night....he felt things that he never felt with her. That woman.....Kaia he was told to call her, had somehow healed his aching heart in their brief time together. Charlie thought about their late night activities and flushed in embarrassment before shaking his head and turning to look at the other side of the bed where Kaia was supposed to be sleeping only to find an empty bed with a note on the pillow.

Frowning he reached over and opened it;

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened. I will see you soon, my pet, this will never be goodbye- Kaia.