An... After Show?

Alright, I'm back SORTA. Life is not as busy as I thought it was going to be, being away at school and having 5 classes. So, HERE WE GO! BACK INTO IT!
Also, go back and re-read the previous chapter, as well, for recap.
I am going to try and remember as much as I possibly can from my notes and the original book. But, HERE WE GO!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[3rd Person POV]

Quiet clicks and pitters from footsteps of rule-breaking students softly echoed in the halls of Hogwarts. Word had gotten around that a few students from each house had planned a party in celebration of [Y/n] and Harry placing at the second task earlier that day. Almost the entire school knew.

Charms proficients worked their magic at keeping the party hidden away from any staff or students who may snitch. No one who passed by could tell there was a party happening inside the Gryfindor common  room, not even from right outside the door. Though, some of the ghosts had to be bribed not to go telling any teachers.

The radio had been charmed to play at an extra full blast. Students dancing, talking, some playing games, and of course, the majority drinking. [Y/n], Harry, Ron, and Hermione stood off to the side, cups in the boys' hands that were still mostly full, trying to talk with one another about the task earlier.

"So, neither of you had no idea afar you were volunteered for? That's insanity!" [Y/n] quipped. She still couldn't believe that they were spontaneously just taken by the teachers and placed into the lake. It was absolute lunacy.

"Yeah! After you left McGonagall's office, she gave us some sort of candy that tasted pretty good actually, but after that, I don't remember a thing!" Ron explained, which flabbergasted both Harry and [Y/n]. She noticed Ron tapping at his cup, but out of nervousness or excitement, she couldn't tell which, deciding to ask him at another point.

"It was... complete madness!" Hermione agreed, nodding her head at the two champions. She also seemed... off. Why are they both so nervous?? The group was interrupted by cheering and applause from the other students. [Y/n] craned her neck, trying to get a better look at who they were cheering for. Getting a glimpse of yellow, she assumed it was Cedric. Harry started over to greet him. [Y/n] took the chance to talk to the other two alone, wanting to confront them, knowing something was up.

"Something is telling me that you two knew about going into the lake." The two friends looked at [Y/n] with surprise. They knew she was smart, but not THIS smart.

"I'm not going to ask how you knew that, but we knew if Harry knew that we willingly went in that lake that he'd get pretty upset." Ron stated.

"So, we agreed that we needed to keep it between ourselves. He already had too much on his plate, trying to figure out how he was going to even breathe in that lake." [Y/n] looked at the two and nodded, understanding.

Later that night, [Y/n] laid in bed wide awake, eyes not drooping from sleep whatsoever. Looking around at the other sleeping Ravenclaw students, she swings her legs around to the side of the bed, slowly setting her feet on the floor. She grabs her notebook from the side table, along with her quill, and heads down to the common area.

Flashback
"[Y/n]? Why are you here? You should be asleep in your dormitory!" The young man whisper-shouted. "You should return before another student or a professor catches you out here!" [Y/n] giggled softly.

"You sure do take this Prefect title seriously, Tom." She looks back to her notebook and continues to write, still holding the small smile, not moving herself from the stone bench she sat upon in the courtyard. Tom watches her, holding his own small smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* time skip to the next morning *

The four were at breakfast. No chatter, only the clanking of silverware against Ron and Harry's plates, the pages turning from Hermione's book, and the scribbles from [Y/n]'s notebook.

"[Y/n]! [Y/n]!" The girl looked up from her notebook to see [B/n] jogging towards her. "Did you - *gasp* I'm so out of shape *gasp* Did you hear about the next event? Aren't you so excited?!" [Y/n] sat looking at [B/n] confused.

"[B/n], slow down. What event? What are you talking about?" The boy smirked and turned back around, headed towards the Ravenclaw table. [Y/n]'s face held a confused look as she turned towards her friends.

Hermione laughed, "You really haven't heard? You are the brightest witch I've ever met, but you can be so oblivious, sometimes." She pointed to some papers hanging up by the Great Hall doors, then to some of the guys sitting at the Hufflepuff table. They were staring in our general direction. Wait... are they looking at us? Are they looking at me??
"Yes, [Y/n], they're looking at you." Hermione giggled behind her hand. DID SHE JUST READ MY MIND? WHAT IS GOING ON??

The two other boys turned to look at the Hufflepuff table, Harry's fists clenched slightly, and Ron's jaw, as well.
What. Is. Going. On.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Professor Flitwick stood struggling to reach the turn table to place the needle down on the record. Students chatted away, some giddy about the Yule Ball, a few others looking rather grumpy. The girls of Ravenclaw sat across the hall from the boys. The girls frantically were gossiping, talking about who would be the best to take all the way down to the worst.

[Y/n] sat quietly, not joining in on the little quips the other girls were saying. She was sure the boys were doing the same thing as the girls and that THESE students weren't the only ones making these lists. She looked up only to see a small group of boys looking at her and talking to one another.

Oh, great. She rolled her eyes and subconsciously touched her face where her scar lay. She was positive that no one would go with her to this ball. The unfortunate part was [Y/n] had to go since she was a champion.

"Alright! Students, up! Up! Come on! Get together with another student! Practice makes perfect!"

I can't believe this is happening right now.