Cooking 101

Everyone was gathered in the kitchen, no one really understood what was going, Sonic was messing around with his new prosthetic leg, Tails was fiddling with his gloves, Knuckles was staring off into space and Amy was looking down at her feet bored.

Amy: "Why did Eggman call us into the kitchen?"

Knuckles: "I dunno, maybe-"

The sounds of crashing and thumping coming from the stairs was what caught everyone's attention, Eggman practically crashed into the kitchen, out of breath.

Eggman: "Sorry...sorry I'm late!" "I...had to take a phone call..."

Eggman regained his breath, standing up straight.

Eggman: "Okay, today I called you all here because I'm going to teach you to work together to cook dinner!"

Sonic: "Really?" "What are we making?"

Tails: "What do we have to do?"

Eggman: "Well, we're making spaghetti, I'm going to spilt up the different tasks between you 4. Sonic, Your in charge of filling up the pot with water and heating it up, Tails, your in charge of getting the noodles from the cabinet and putting them in the pot, Knuckles, your in charge in watching the water, when the water boils, let me know." "Amy, your in charge of straining out the noodles, I'll be here if you need help."

The 4 of them went of into their different tasks, Sonic and Knuckles watched the water, Tails helped get the plates and seasonings out, and Amy strained out the noodles when they were done. In 20 minutes, they had a delicious pot of noodles, and all of them were enjoying the fruit of their labors, but Eggman couldn't be with them, he had another work phone call, and he decided to take the phone call on the outside porch, so if their was sensitive information, they kid's wouldn't have to worry.

Eggman: "Hello?"

"Hello Ivo, how are things going with the kids?"

Eggman: "Um, going well. Why do you ask?"

"Okay, well...some people have started to flood our office with hate mail, and I'm worried it could spill over to you, just be careful." "Alright man?"

Eggman: "Okay, I'll be careful. Thanks, bye."

"Bye, man." "See ya later."

The call then ended, and Eggman was left with worry, who would hate his line of work, all they did was help people. What would happen to him? Eggman was pulled out of his worrisome thoughts by Sonic's cheerful voice.

Sonic: "Eggman!" "Come try the spaghetti we made!" "It's really, really good!"

Eggman smiled softly, putting his phone back in his pocket and making his way over to the kid's. His woes could wait, right now, it was time to try some spaghetti.