2 :: Lacunae

"He arrives forth, ringing the bellFrom the lacunae of darkness"

From the lacunae of darkness"

⊱ ───ஓ๑♧๑ஓ ─── ⊰

Life is a very exciting statement, one that might never make much sense but always succeeds to leave it's impact on us. And that statement is rather concrete, sometimes one which you can hold.

If there is something we’d call fate, we honestly don’t know what it might be. There’s lots of coincidence. If you operate in a certain age group, within a certain geography, that isn’t fate but a small world or six degrees of separation at work. We move forward in life via a ton of chance events and meetings. The fact that some overlap from time to time is pretty much inevitable. To read in much more than that, a sign that you should weigh this new event more than others is a mistake. We humans are very, very prone to trying to read more meaning into chance than we ought to.

And upon this chance, some people and places, tangled with our memories, emotions and feelings; become what we refer as Life. For Yeonjun, chemistry was life. Yet, what valued more than life was Soobin.

"Taehyun, look, Soobin's face is a very generic Korean face. If I consider that his youthful appearance and beauty is almost the perfect face, it is very possible for several to have that face." Yeonjun had been trapped in a certain thought, somewhere worried and perturbed, and somewhere fearless of what he said.

"Hyung, that IS the problem. His face is a generic, handsome face. And so many people, looking the same and dying consecutively, sounds distressful. If not to you, to me it does."

"Kid, rest your heart. You're overthinking. He'll be fine. Don't worry. Asides, everyone else who has passed away had immense assets. Soobin has none, asides if I count what I inherited from our father. Still, that would require to kill me. He isn't lawfully the owner of any."

"I know but..."

"It's okay, bub. I understand your concerns. And to satisfy you, I'll be keeping an eye on him. Does that sound okay?" Laughing over the phone, the man whose 80% body was made up of legs, walked out of his car. Making his way towards the hall, he spoke softly to the child with wild imaginations.

"Sounds fair enough. But, how will you?"

"Another but! Why are you so afraid of it, huh? Bub, my girlfriend literally got a teaching internship in his school and is probably going to take this class too. I have, by fate, the perfect arrangements, don't I?" Declaring the news to the young boy, Yeonjun seemed internally gratified and proud.

"That, in no sane sense, sounds anything close to even eh, okay!"

"Why? What's wrong?"

"I don't like her." Whining over the phone, Yeonjun frowned at Taehyun.