S2 Ep4: How to Slay your Spider

Updated for typos :)

~~~

Andrew didn't come back home the next morning, which means he wasn't in his first class. He may be irrational at times, but Andrew is serious when it comes to schoolwork. John takes a deep breath as he looks at the clock. He's only been here for twenty minutes, halfway into History, and he knows he needs to leave to find his brother. Something might have happened to him.

He searched well into the night, but had to come home at three in the morning to have enough time for sleep. It was a school night, after all. John contemplates whether or not he should make an excuse to leave early, or just wait until class is over before ditching. Mr. Dennis draws something on the chalkboard that looks like an exact replica of a figure from their textbook. Thinking this is a waste of time and he could be looking for Andrew, John doesn't bother coming up with an explanation and walks out of the room. Only a few people like Flash and Peter notice as he leaves. Everyone else couldn't care less.

The empty hallways are easy to navigate, and he avoids the front desk like the plague. Instead of taking the front doors, he hurries to the courtyard and casually jumps over the wall, landing on the lower roof. He crawls up the side to a higher place and takes his web shooters out of his backpack. Affixing them to his wrists, he jumps off the building and swings, making sure to pull his mask over his face before he gets too deep into the city.

"You better be alive, bro," he says to himself. "I'm missing fried chicken day in the cafeteria for you."

Theme song!

In a craft store in the midst of Times Square two women wander around, searching for fabric material. They have definitely come to the right place, since Joann Fabrics has everything from cotton, to polyester, to spandex.

Julia hums as she carries some thread in her arm, the other one still sore from being broken. "The Hawiian blue," she says as she reads off a list. "That's the base shade of my suit."

"Found it!" Maria says, holding up a stretchy blue fabric. "All we need now are my pearls."

"Making all these extra suits is tough work."

"Well, we are going to have to keep it up if more super-powered villains keep showing up," Maria whispers. Her sister agrees.

Together, they walk to the front of the store, but Julia accidentally knocks her arm into someone along the way. She sucks in a sharp breath so as to not scream from the sudden pain and says, "Sorry."

"It's quite alright, ma'am," he replies. She swears that she recognizes his voice, but she doesn't get a good look at him to determine who he is.

Maria's spider sense suddenly spikes, and she grabs her sister's arm, pulling her out of the aisle. All the while, Julia mutters, "Ow ow ow ow ow."

"I don't know why, but," Maria pauses. She tries to look back but can't see the guy anymore. "He made my spider sense go nuts."

"Maybe he's secretly a J. Jonah Jameson supporter," she jokes.

"I'm not sure. He might be up to something."

"Relax. Spider senses only go off if the person is a danger to us, not others. And, I'm pretty sure even Ollie could take that guy."

"Well, I for one would love not to get ambushed by a crazy villain today. This week has been insane."

Julia shrugs. "I kind of expect it now. Electro and Molten Man Monday, Mysterio Tuesday, Negative Wednesday. I wonder what will come at us today."

Maria's phone rings right as they get up to the counter. "Hello?"

"Hey, I was wondering if you've seen Andrew around," John's voice resonates over the phone.