ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟙: 𝔻𝕚𝕟𝕟𝕖𝕣

Y/n's POV

Nightmare was relentless with my training these past couple of weeks? Yes, previously being self-taught in self-defence helps but not when you're up against an experienced warrior who happens to be a skeleton!!! Who also isn't a group of blackout drunks. Its clear Nightmare wants to avoid me being captured or becoming a hindrance. Or just wants me out of the way, which if I'm being honest, I can't argue with. Though-

"Y/n! Pay attention!" I'm sudden forced to cross my arms in front of my face, defending against Cross' attack as he's suddenly thrown a wound-up jab at my face. Quickly followed by a series of sharp jabs before following through with an uppercut. Using my hand, I quickly deflect the blow and jump to the side, as my feet touch the mat, I instantly raise my outside knee up, aiming for a nice outside head kick. Though Cross quickly ducks and moves for a leg sweep, he's almost gotten me every time with this move... in retaliation I do and aerial over him, landing in the perfect spot to kick him upside the head.

*Crack!*

Cross is sent flying back holding his head in his hands. "Enough. You're getting better." Cross comments, pulling himself back to his feet as he faces me. "You're quite the fast learner."

"T-thank you" Cross gives a curt nod as we head off the mat, taking a quick breather. (...look I'm done questioning it.) We sit in the somewhat larger room lined with a couple of square mats on top of the wooden floor, along with some occasional discarded training equipment. Backs against the wall, Cross and I sit there in a comfortable silence?

"I think that's enough for today." Cross huffs.

"Oh, uh- you sure, I mean I can keep going-" Despite my still uneasiness being here in the castle, I've actually have grown quite a liking to combat. "No. We don't want to overwork you so, that'll conclude today's lesson." My cheeks puff up as I pout slightly, reluctantly getting up and heading out of the dojo.

"See you tomorrow C-cross." The doors shut with a quiet thump. I head down the hallway, aimlessly walking before hearing screeching coming from the open room attached to the kitchen. Killer was sat in front of a wide, flat screen TV playing a game I recognised, Sonic Frontiers. He was playing with a headset on. As I watch him try and fail at some boss battle with a leviathan-like creature and listening to the constant screeching, I continue to watch as I seat myself on the enormous couch.

Killer eventually lets out one final scream before chucking the controller onto the couch, missing me by a fair distance. He goes to a game collection stack high in a corner as he shuffles through for a new game. I pick up the controller, looking at it for a moment, pushing the occasional button and figuring out how the controls work. Looking over at killer still grumbling to himself I settle myself down in a more comfortable position as I start playing the game myself, don't get me wrong, I am nowhere near any good at video games but I'm a quick learner. Killer notices the game playing as his headset plays the game battle music, glancing at me as I nervously look back, he scoffs slightly as he goes back to sorting through games. After a minute or so, I figure out how you suppose to beat the Wyvern titan and after a further few minutes I beat the boss.

"WHAT!?!" He shouts from beside me, him having sat down beside me as I played, his sudden shouting startling me as he turns to me. "HOW'D YOU BEAT IT?!" Still shouting I timidly respond back, "You, Uh- You've gotta h-hold the parry button to get close." "WHAT?" He shouts, clearly oblivious to the headset. Noticing this I point to my ear, gesturing to him to remove his headset. Once he takes one off, I repeat myself, "you've g-got to uh- Hold the parry button to get in close to beat it."

"...HUH?! YOU CAN HOLD PARRY?!?!"

"I mean, yeah?"

He mutters to himself for a sec before pulling out a second control, leaving the game and pulling up a shooter game. "Wanna go?" He asks.