CHAPTER 01

I frowned because of what he offered. Napatingin din ako sa ID ko, suot ko pa pala. "Hindi ba 'to marumi? 'Pag 'to marumi, you'll pay for my derma. I always get derma every month,"

"Do I look like a dirty person?" There was obvious irritation in his voice when he asked that. Tumawa ako nang mahinhin saka kinuha 'yung panyo na hawak niya. I gently wiped my cheeks and eyes. In fairness, ang bango ng panyo niya.

I felt him sit next to me and I also smelled his perfume, it's really mabango, I swear! "Did your girlfriend choose your perfume?" I raised my face and kept touching my eyes with a handkerchief. Tumingin ako sa kaliwa, doon siya nakaupo. "It's good," I praised his perfume.

"Do I look like I have a girlfriend?" he raised an eyebrow. I shrugged, I'm just making sure. Baka kasi someone will pull my hair when I leave this hospital, in all of me, my hair is the thing that I take care of the most. I have never let people play with my hair, I get irritated. "You're from Ateneo." He looked slightly at the lace of my ID.

"Yeah. Wait, you're the guy at Rita's Katipunan, aren't you?" Tinaasan ko siya ng kilay. Siya 'yon, I can remember his face!

"And you're the girl who rolled her eyes at me?"

"Excuse me, I didn't do that. Just a bad look." I raised my hand a little with a sign of just a little. Told you, that's him. Parehas sila ng buhok. "I'll go. Thank you for this," I raised my hand holding a handkerchief, the one he gave me. "Ibabalik ko 'to sa 'yo, I'll look for you. What's your name again?" I asked one last question before standing up, still looking at him.

"Kiel. You can call me Kiel, how about you?"

I just nodded and walked to the elevator, not answering his question about my name. Dumaan nga ako sa pharmacy tulad nang sabi ng doktora. I bought a vitamin for me and gave my prescription to the assistant for my medicine. I went straight to my condo after going to the Hospital. I opened the fridge and looked at the contents from top to bottom.

Wala naman akong choice since gabi naman na at ako lang ang kakain, I decided to just cook pork adobo. Breakfast ko na rin 'to for tomorrow. I started cooking while watching Netflix on TV, I still have time to watch and study later, just so you know. Nagsaing na rin ako ng rice, hanggang bukas na rin dahil I'll cook fried rice for my breakfast.

Suddenly, I heard a loud knock from my door. I look at the clock, who will it be? I don't expect any visitors today because as far as I know all my friends are busy with their baby time and studies. Dali-dali akong pumunta sa door at binuksan ito nang hindi gaanong bukas. Baka kasi biglaang pumasok, may pangarap pa ako, 'no.

"Hellooo," Maeve greeted when she saw me, I also looked at the camera facing me. Based on her voice, natatawa siya. "Surprise!"

"What are you doing here?" I covered my mouth with my palm in shock, I really didn't expect her to show up at this time. Binuksan ko pa ang pinto para makapasok siya.

"Did you miss me?"

"No, why would I?" I rolled my eyes.

"Look, guys, pinapakita na niya ang kaniyang true colors." She spoke. Well, Maeve is my best friend, she's a vlogger. Kaya may appearance ang mukha ko sa YouTube. "So, guys, asahan niyong puro English 'tong video since Nads is here," natawa ako sa sinabi niya.

"Did you eat already, Maeve? I was about to eat when you knocked, eh," dumiretso kami sa kusina at umupo siya. Natatawa pa ako dahil palagi siyang nahihirapan umupo riyan, medyo mataas kasi.

"'Di pa. Kaya nga 'ko nandito para maki-kain," she chuckled. I saw her place her camera in the front where we could both be seen. I didn't pay attention to her anymore and I just got a plate and cutlery for her, I also put rice on her and took another bowl for her ulam na Adobo. "Pumunta lang talaga ako rito para kumain at mag-ask ng questions about sa 'yo. They suggested this content, not me, ha!"