Chapter One-The New Campers

Cort, Megan, Sissy, and Nikki, were looking forward to Camp Crystal Lake. They were eager to make sure that the past wasn't forgotten. Cort was smiling. He had long, black hair, brown eyes, and short for his age. 'It's 98 degrees in the summer', he said. Sissy, a African-American teenager, was eighteen, the same age as Cort was. Megan Garris, a seventeen year old daughter of the new Sheriff, Hal Garris, forty-seven. 

'Camp Crystal Lake is cursed', Sissy said. 

'Is it?', Cort asked her. 

'Yes, Crazy Ralph, before he died in 1981, told everyone', Megan answered him. She looked at the map.

'It's two miles near the Crystal Lake Diner. We can eat hamburgers, and fries. And coffees', Megan smiled.

They reached the front door. 

The old Elston Gas sign was replaced by Exxon Gas. 

But, to other people, the town was now called "Camp Forest Green. The future is here". The campers heard the ringing of the silvery colored bells; the bells rang again. And again. Then, as they ordered their food, and drinks, Tommy Jarvis headed to the Sheriff's Office.

***

Tommy Jarvis was full of rage, and anger. 

'Jason Voorhees is alive', he prattled on. 

Sheriff Garris looked at him like he was one of those punk kids in Los Angeles. 

'Jason Voorhees is dead, kid'.

'But-', Tommy said.

'Deputy Rick Cologne is not funny when it comes to death, kid. It's not that you're going to town telling a fib. Camp Crystal Lake is gone', the Sheriff said. 

'Jason is back', Tommy said.

'Listen, boy, don't make it difficult. There's a lot of punks like you who want to fuck things up, you know. Camp Forest Green is here to stay.  We don't need you...Hang on. Tommy Jarvis, isn't it. Didn't you escape from Pinehurst?', the Sheriff asked him. 

'Yes, but I am well', Tommy answered him. 

'Deputy, take your guest to the car. He'll be transported to Miner Road...and he'll be banished from this town forever', the Sheriff said.

'Sure, Sheriff. We can eat our doughnuts later on', Deputy Rick Cologne said.

***

Jason Voorhees headed towards the forest. 

The bitter memories of the time when his Mother, Pamela Sue Voorhees, was alive was preying on his mind; his father, Elias Voorhees, was gone. Missing, or dead. The campers hadn't listened to Crazy Ralph's religious mania; the endless talk of doom was old-school, from the late nineteen thirties when Camp Crystal Lake was opened, then less so during WWII. Afterwards, the Christy family wanted to think that the curse wasn't real---after the murders of Barry and Claudette in nineteen fifty-eight. He didn't remember the hands of his Mom saving her in the cold lake in nineteen fifty-seven. When Alice Hardy killed her in nineteen seventy-nine, he raged; he vowed to punish those sex obsessed campers, who did drugs, and fooled around. Jason heard the sound of footsteps, and gun fire. 

Two men appeared. 

They wore military clothes, and grey boots on their feet, and protective glasses on.

'Okay, Stan, Katie is not here', Roy said.

'Good. The Management won't hear this feminist crap from the nineteen seventies', Stan complained. In the middle of the forest, they were peppered with fake bullets. 'And I win', Katie said.

'You died', Stan said.

'No, I pretended to die, and I struck you down, Stan...Roy', Katie smiled. They shook their heads; they knew their eyes were full of hellish fury. Before either of them could do anything, Jason Voorhees struck them all down with a silvery colored machete. The horror of Friday the 13th had had claimed more victims.

***

The campers were waiting for the bus. 

'You can have them', the driver said.

And she drove away.

***

Missy, Craig, Jane, Marty, Peter, Samantha, Harry, Jim, and Stacey, were going to the cabins. 'Good morning, campers. I am Megan. And this is Sissy, and Cort. And Nikki. My father is the Sheriff to Camp Forest Green'. Marty looked at the stones. 'This is Native American stones. According to legend, the Shamans performed an ancient ceremony to appease the Gods. Over the centuries, campgrounds are said to be haunted, and Camp Crystal Lake has been doomed by a curse ever since', Cort explained. 

'If this is as exciting as it gets, we're all in deep trouble, dude', Craig said. 

'Yeah, I agree', Peter said.

***

The campers were eager to think they were safe.

Tommy Jarvis waited.

Deputy Cologne aimed his laser gun at his nose. 

'Now, you really pissed off the Deputy. Jason Voorhees is not dead. You shall be back at Pinehurst...', the Sheriff said.

'It closed down', Tommy said. 

'I'll take you to the Crystal Lake Mental Health Facility off Miner Road', the Sheriff said.

Tommy sighed, as he was taken to the jail cells.

***

The afternoon dragged on after lunch. 

Megan appeared at the Police Station. 

'Hello, Daddy. Who is in the cells?', Megan asked him. 

'Tommy Jarvis', he answered.

'The Jarvis house was near Camp Crystal Lake', Megan said.

'You were there?', Tommy asked her. 

'Sissy's Mom told me about you, Trish, and Meredith. She died, you know', Megan said.

'Can you open the cells, please? Jason Voorhees is back', Tommy said.

'Quiet it down, psycho', Deputy Rick Cologne warned.

'He is coming to Camp Crystal Lake. It is still his place, despite the name change', Tommy said. Megan smiled.

'I'm getting food and supplies for the camp, Daddy', Megan said. 

And she walked away, thinking that Tommy Jarvis was her new boyfriend material.

***

Megan approached Sissy, and Cort. 

'I got supplies', she said. 

'Good', Sissy said.

'I saw Tommy Jarvis in the cells. I'm gonna get him out', Megan said.

'Really?', Cort asked her. 

'Yes, because he says Jason Voorhees is back', Megan said. 

And they ate lunch, while the feelings of dread hung over the cursed camp.

***

Page 2.