Chapter 2: Congratulations

After finishing up the diary, Oliver looks that the time, it was 10 p.m. It also indicates the mysterious gas will start to be emitted through the air vents, also it means that it is time to sleep. It had been the same since from the first day. Everyday he will be knocked out by the gas, and loss conscious until the morning, when the guard send his breakfast at 8a.m. So, before the gas was emitted, he tucks himself into his bed and closes his eyes, waits to loose his conscious like he always would.

Time slowly passes by and to his surprise, he seems to be still conscious. He looks at the time and it was already 10:44pm. Something had change. He goes to the air vent to confirm his suspicion, and what he found validated his thought. There was no mysterious gas coming through the vent. There was just clean, breathable air blowing into his face.

Suddenly, the door slammed open. 4 guards with weapons came rush through the doors and a beautiful young girl, probably same age as Oliver came in and said:

"Congratulation 128, you made it to stage 2."

Oliver was shocked and happy at the same time. Happy cause this was the first time he seen human faces since he was locked in here, but shocked and puzzled on what she meant by stage 2. The young girl introduces herself as Emily. She smiled at Oliver like an angel and asked him to walk with her to another room. This was the first time after 15 days that Oliver walked out of this room.

"What's happening, where am I, who are you people" All of this puzzled in Oliver's head, and he starts to ask them in a rumbled. Emily seems to be calm and not answering any of his question. Instead, she only walks with him until they reach a room which looks like the medical room.

"Have a sit" she said.

"I know you must have a lot of question in your head but stay calm. We don't want your emotion to go into rampage and tearing this fine facility down to pieces." She smirked at the end of this sentence.

Oliver can't tell whether she is joking or being serious. Just then, 4 guards start to hold Oliver down to the bed. While he struggles to set free, they strap him arm and legs and head to the bed, making him unable to move.

"Please don't try to move. I'll explain all of it when this is over." Emily said while picking up a device with a long needle. After inserting a green liquid in it, she stabs Oliver's heart and pushes all the liquid in it.

Oliver struggle but all he can do was scream in pain. He starts to feel a sense of burning in his body, it's like he was being burn alive, but at the same time he can feel intense coldness as he was at the top of Mount Everest. He's eyes started to become black and all the veins in his body was starting to bulge as if it was going to explode.

"Interesting." Emily said. Emily looked and recorded all these changes in her tablet, and after a few minutes, she shouted: "Now!".

The guards quickly pulled down a lever in the room, causing the room to be locked with only Oliver in it, and the same mysterious gas was emitted again. Slowly Oliver who was screaming in pain loses conscious, and it was pitch quiet since then.