Chapter 3: Dangerous situation it's time to escape.

Previously in My wife is a demon queen, Isabella had lost her power as a demon queen which caused her to change her appearance.

Isabella: My, my body... why has it changed from this to this?

Priest: It's probably because the queen's aura has been depleted, this is probably the reason why her body changed into this figure.

Both the demon queen and her guards were shocked by what the High Priest said.

Isabella: How am I supposed to introduce myself to my own people...

Guard 1: The queen spent her aura for us...

Guard 3: Your Majesty...

At the back of the room Xiang Ye was trembling with fear until he realized the royal guards were looking at him with hatred, on his side Y/n was close to the High Priest so he went unnoticed.

Guard 1: (Points to Xiang Ye) It's all because of this useless piece of trash, come sisters, let's finish him off!

Y/n: Hey, Mr. Priest, I shouldn't do something...

Priest: Don't worry they won't kill your friend, however I can't promise you anything.

Meanwhile in the background Xiang Ye was motionless as the three guards approached him, however at that moment the brown-haired boy plucked up his courage or maybe it was just an impulse and he yelled at the guards.

Xiang Ye: We are the victims here, we didn't even want to come to be called to this world!

At that moment the castle gates were flung open loudly revealing two seriously injured demon tribe soldiers.

Soldier 1: We request that His Majesty be escorted out of here!

Because Isabella was naked, the guards had no better idea than to take off all of Xiang Ye's clothes and then give them to the queen to cover herself, Xiang Ye, now only in boxers, tried to take away Y/n's luck, but he denied.

Isabella: That was fast...

Guard 1: My queen, we will defend her with everything we have!

After Isabella dressed in Xiang Ye's clothes, she looked at her guards with a smile.

Isabella: I'm so lucky to have fighters like you who care so much about me!

The High Priest walked over to the demon queen examining for a moment what he now had.

Priest: My queen, you don't look any different than an average, this makes your escape easy, but you can't let the humans find out your true identity, I will stay here to defend myself from these human guards, all so that we can buy you some time

Isabella's eyes widened and concern seemed to take control of her.

Isabella: I refuse! High Priest, come what may, I will not leave my own people here.

The High Priest raised his staff and slammed the tip of it against the ground creating a blue magic circle around the queen, her guards and the two humans.

Isabella: High Priest this...

Isabella realized what the High Priest was about to do and desperately tried to leave the circle but one of her guards stopped her.

Guard 3: Your Majesty, you must not go!

Isabella: HIGH PRIEST!

Xiang Ye left the magic circle as fast as he could in order to escape from the queen and her guards.

Xiang Ye: (When the human tribe enters, I will ask to be sent back)

The magic circle began to shine and the guards, noticing Xiang Ye's escape attempt, went after him. Meanwhile Y/n who was outside the circle watched as the guards went after his friend and then he turned his attention to the High Priest.

Y/n: Excuse the question, but why don't you want to go with the queen?

Priest: Boy in my current condition, I'm not exactly someone capable of quick escapes anymore and I'd be more of a hindrance than a help to the queen.

Y/n: I see, anyway, even though I've only known you for twenty or thirty minutes, I liked you quite a bit.

Priest: I appreciate your opinion, young human.

At that moment while the queen was distracted, the High Priest took out something from inside his robe, a sheath with a sword inside was placed in the hands of Y/n who just looked confused at the older man in front of him.

Priest: Over the years I became less agile and strong to the point that I couldn't wield it like I did in my best moments, but I trust that in the hands of someone young it can shine again.

Y/n: A sword?

Priest: A magic summoning sword made by myself, at the moment its power remains dormant, but when it recognizes you as its new bearer you will achieve great power.

Y/n: I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but why don't you give this to the queen?

Priest: Because the queen doesn't need it, neither does your friend since he doesn't seem like the type to use these weapons, on the other hand you seem to be the most suitable to use it, that's why he entrusted you with this weapon as long as you swear that you will put it to good use .

Y/n: Well thank you very much for this, Xiang Ye and I will make sure to do our part.

Without further ado, Y/n entered the magic circle hooking the sheath of the sword with his belt. On the other hand, Xiang Ye continued to run around the room being chased by the guards.

Guard 1: Give up human!

Guard 4: Yes, stop running already!

Xiang Ye: Please leave me alone!

After Xiang Ye was finally captured by the royal guards, Isabella's pleas continued until the High Priest stopped her.

Priest: I have been here to help five generations of leaders, this will be the last time... please allow me to be of use to the queen once again.

Isabella began to cry and the moment she tried to leave the circle, everyone inside was teleported to another, leaving only the High Priest who was already prepared for what was to come.

From one moment to another the door of the room exploded being knocked down and raising a curtain of dust which allowed to see some shadows behind it.

When the dust dissipated, a tall man with red hair and a beard of imposing appearance appeared accompanied by a large group of knights in red armor who entered the room where the High Priest was.

Man in red: Where is the queen?

-----

-----

Inside a forest that was far from the castle an energy field appeared out of nowhere letting out Isabella, Xiang Ye, Y/n and the royal guards.

.

"Thanks for reading and see you in the next chapter"