ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ

One Week Later / Friday

"Fuck!" Lyrica yelled, kicking the pole.

"If you break it, you'll be paying for it!" Jennifer called out from the bar.

Lyrica just stood there, catching her breath again while rolling her wrist in circles. "Maybe you're pushing yourself too hard Vangi." Jennifer said, walking over to her. "You just got your cast of 4 day's ago. You haven't had time to re-adjust.

"I have re-adjusted.." Lyrica stubbornly remarked making Jennifer huff and take out her phone. "What are you doing?" She asked circling the pole.

"Calling your boyfriend, which one you might ask? Nasir." She retorted making Lyrica's jaw drop.

"Foul as fuck and for what?" She shook her head before grunting as she swung her body up the pole.

"So he can come-- hello, Nasir? Yeah, come get this li' girl from up out my club." She spoke into the phone watching Lyrica struggle to climb up the pole. "She's pushing herself too hard... yes she's on the pole-- the fuck you mad at me for?"

"She's fuckin hard-headed and don't listen to me! I told her to-- whatever, the door is unlocked.." She rolled her eyes and hung up the phone. "I've never met someone as mean as Nasir in my entire life."

"You just called him up hea' for no reason.." She huffed, breathing hard as she dropped down from the pole. "I'm not leaving til I get this shit right." She shrugged making Jennifer shake her head.

"You think you're dancing tonight, don't you?" Jenny asked, already knowing her answer. 

"Umm- I am.." Lyrica pinched her brows together while reading Jenny's face.

"You're not though. You just got back, you can give dances but you will not be getting up on that pole to hurt yourself and, or others. No ma'am, so go on head and dead that thought, ASAP." She demanded and Lyrica just scoffed.

"Jenny I am fine!" Lyrica exasperated, talking with her hands.

"Okay. For one, your breathing is all the way fucked up, you're out of breath in 2.5 seconds. Then, your wrist is killing you and I see that it's progressively swelling up. Not to mention, you look like shit.." She told her, speaking with all honesty.

Before Lyrica could say anything, Nasir walked in with his usual mug plastered on his face making Lyrica roll her eyes. "Let's go." He said plain and simple before walking back out.

this nigga..

"Just give it 2 weeks and then we'll see how you're looking. Until then, no pole, unless it's practice for no more than 45 minutes." Jennifer said with a somber expression.

"Whatever Jenny.." She mumbled, slinging her duffle bag over her shoulder.

"Don't be mad at me, remember.. you're the one that punched the concrete." She shrugged and Lyrica mugged her as she walked past.