1. NY to CA

Ricky
"Are you nervous" Adrian asked approaching me
"No not nervous, this isn't my first time delivering a speech" I said shoving my hands in my pocket
"You just look a little nervous" She said stepping closer and fixing my tie
"Well I'm not" I said looking past her trying to get a peak at the audience
"Well good luck" She said with her face two centimeters away from mine

She pecked my cheek and walked to the audience.

I guess I was too caught up in my head I didn't hear Mr. Boykewich walk up.

"Ricky, you ready" His voice shocked me out my thoughts
"Yep" I said flashing him an assuring grin

He nodded before grabbing a mic and walking on stage

"Good afternoon family and friends, Today I am here to make a special announcement. For 30 years I've ran Boykewich Butcher's, a successful butcher shop that I established at the age of 25. Now it's time that I retire but I wanted to pass my business down to a very important asset to not only the business but my life. Richard Underwood has been apart of Boykewich Butchers since he was 16 years old and 13 years later he has stayed with the business and continue to help it flourish. He's helped tremendously with the marketing and expansion of the business , and currently we have a total of 200 brand new Boykewich Butchers nationwide. So, as I am sad to be stepping down from my position but I am completely thrilled to honor this new position as CEO to Richard Underwood better known as Ricky"

I wiped the tear from my eye, before fixing my suit one last time and heading on stage.

"Thank you so much" I said before Mr. Boykewich pulled me into a warm embrace that lasted for at least 3 minutes.

We pulled apart and he passed me the mic.

"I am completely honored and grateful to have even had the opportunity to meet Mr. Boykewich, he has been a great boss, advocate, mentor, and much more. My life would have probably spiraled down the wrong path if I did not meet him. I promise I will take care of this business like I do my own son, this is the opportunity of a lifetime and I will not let you down Mr. Boykewich"

I gave him another hug as the audience stood and applaud.

-

After the speech everyone stayed and celebrate. I was completely honored that George let us have the event at his restaurant. After all these years, even with Amy and I not being on the best of terms George and I still kept a positive relationship. I give him good deals on meats and he promotes Boykewich products. Surprisingly we still have a good personal relationship too. I look at him like how I look at Mr.Boykewich.

"Have you heard from Amy" George asked walking over to me

I was sitting at the bar. Not drinking, just enjoying the view of everyone having a good time.

"Last time I spoke to Amy was when I sent her the invitation, and that was a few weeks ago" I shrugged

Amy and I don't communicate often. We don't really have a need to unless somethings going on with John but he's thirteen so he's old enough to communicate with his mom all on his own. And it's not like I'd run into her anywhere we live approximately 3,000 miles away from each other.