Chapter 7

"Erm... I don't feel too good," said Big Maggot.
Suddenly, he started to roll. He'd grown so round that he could no longer balance!
"Help!" he cried, as he rolled off down a slope into the forest.
Big Maggot never finished eating the front door made from cakes and Henry the Hippo remained trapped in the witch's cage.
Average Maggot stepped up, and approached the house made from macarons.
"I'll eat this whole house," said Average Maggot. "Just you watch!"
Average Maggot pulled off a corner of the front door of the house made from macarons. She gulped it down smiling, and went back for more.
   And more.
      And more.
After a while, Average Maggot started to look a little queasy. She grew greener...
   ...and greener.
A woodcutter walked into the clearing. "What's this bush doing here?" he asked.
"I'm not a bush, I'm a maggot!" said Average Maggot.
"It talks!" exclaimed the woodcutter. "Those talking bushes are the worst kind. I'd better take it away before somebody gets hurt."
"No! Wait!" cried Average Maggot, as the woodcutter picked her up. But the woodcutter ignored her cries and carried the maggot away under his arm.
Average Maggot never finished eating the front door made from macarons and Henry the Hippo remained trapped in the witch's cage.
Little Maggot stepped up, and approached the house made from crisps.
"I'll eat this whole house," said Little Maggot. "Just you watch!"
Little Maggot pulled off a corner of the front door of the house made from crisps. He gulped it down smiling, and went back for more.
   And more.
      And more.
After five or six platefuls, Little Maggot started to fidget uncomfortably on the spot.
He stopped eating crisps for a moment, then grabbed another forkful.
But before he could eat it, there came an almighty roar. A bottom burp louder than a rocket taking off, propelled Little Maggot into the sky.
"Aggghhhhhh!" cried Little Maggot. "I'm scared of heigh..."
Little Maggot was never seen again.