ch. One

Walking out of the house, I reach for my bike in the garage while putting my leather jacket on

Walking out of the house, I reach for my bike in the garage while putting my leather jacket on. I start the engine after getting on the bike and wait for a while.

"Jax! Not coming with us?" asked William, my best friend since we were born. Exaggerated? I know, but it's kind of true.

Our moms have been best friends since they were young. When they happened to get pregnant at the same period, they had already planned everything for the pregnancy matters together and hoped their delivery due on the same date.

However, we were not born on the same day. William came out 2 days before me. As soon as I come to see the world, William is the first person I know after my family member. We know each other fresh from our mother's womb. This story has been told to us a million, no, infinite times on every occasion. We both had engraved this fact into our souls since then.

"Nah, the weather is nice today. And I miss my buddy here," I patted the hood of my bike softly.

"Alright, see you there later." William turned to his car to start the engine.

"Ay, Jax! See ya!" shouted Ivan, who had just come out of the house. I raised my hand in response.

"Luca! Get your ass fucking move faster!" Ivan shouts towards the main door before getting in the car.

"Shut up, you dimwit. I'm here." Luca who is jogging towards them hurriedly gets into the car. After that, William drove out of the garage and away from the house. I followed them a minute later.

❄️

After parking the motorcycle beside William's car, I walk towards the campus while removing my leather jacket. They had already gone inside.

My class is ten minutes away, so I decided to have a quick breakfast before entering the war of the mind in class later.

As soon as I turned into the hallway, I got hit by someone on my chest. A clattering sound of an object dropped followed.

"What the fuck?" I was going to send my glare at that person but could not find their eyes, only their head with black hair. Looking down, a girl stumbled backwards.

"Ow!" she whimpers with her palm stroking her forehead. Maybe, trying to relieve the pain. I suppose she hit me hard.

Her eyes were still closed and I took the chance to watch her features. From her wavy jet-black hair, down to her frowned brows, her closed eyes, her small straight nose, and her pretty shaped rosy lips.

She hissed quietly while her hands stroked upwards to her front hair. Her eyes stared downward and she seemed confused for a moment. I am still observing her actions. Seconds later, she gasped, and her eyes wandered the floor searching for something in a rush.

"What are you looking for?" I asked when she stopped searching and squinted her eyes at one spot on the floor.

"My clip," mutters her and I barely catch what she said as she immediately goes to the middle of the hallway, crouching down and picking up an object that looks like a gold metallic.