Chapter 1

The sun shined through her room's glass windows. The windows that were half broken. Broken by a vase that she threw when she felt frustrated and heard the sound of glass breaking on the floor.

There were only a few times in her life when she got angry, frustrated for living this life. She cursed her fate for the struggles she went through.

But all the other times - most of the time - she was a happy girl. A girl that had the most beautiful smile that she showedered everyone with, even when she didn't know who she directed it to.

"Misha!" She heard her aunt calling her and lazily got up from her bed. When she felt the breeze come through the windows, she yawned and stretched her arms out as a smile adorned her lips.

"Yes, auntie?" She walked out to the kitchen placing her hand on the things she felt around her. She knew the feel of the walls, the furniture, and the objects around her by now. She knew her aunt's voice and footsteps and kitchen smell.

"Misha, I made your breakfast. But I can't take you to the park today. I have a meeting. Will you be able to make it alone?" Her aunt asked as she shuffled through things.

"Yes, of course. Don't worry." Misha smiled at her aunt and felt her tap her cheek softly before she said goodbye and left.

Misha huffed as she went to sit on the sofa once she picked up her breakfast plate and played a few songs on her phone.

Once she was done eating, she washed the plates and then took a long shower. Where she wondered what date it was today because her birthday was supposed to come up this month.

She had never been excited about her birthday since her parents died. However, her aunt still took efforts in baking her a cake and her uncle bought her gifts.

But her aunt told her she wanted to have a party this time by calling the neighbours and her friends, since Misha turned 21 this year. This was her aunt's way of showing her that life must go on in spite of the loss of her parents and her eyesight. That Misha still had family and friends who cared for her and were there to celebrate her milestone birthday with her.

Friends. By that her aunt meant her own friends because she wanted to make Misha feel loved.

Because Misha did not have friends. No one wanted to befriend her and that upset her often, but she understood that was how it was. She couldn't do anything else.

She got out of the shower and picked up the sundress that came into her hand. She quickly combed her hair before grabbing her purse and sandals from their usual place.

She locked the door carefully and placed the key under the mat in case her aunt or uncle came home before her.

As she walked out of the apartment, the sound of the vehicle and their horns pierced her ears like always. She never liked them because it made her nervous because she knew she had to cross the road to walk to the park.

Usually her aunt would accompany her to the park once every week and spend time with her. They had a small picnic there but sometimes she had to do it alone.

She gathered courage and noted when the vehicles' sound reduced, so she could cross the road.

She had taken only a few steps and had not even reached the middle of the crossing when she heard the loud sound of a car coming towards her from the right side.

She panicked and her instinct was to turn around and run back but before she could do it, a hand grabbed her arm and pulled her away with force.

It happened so fast that her leg stumbled forward and she landed right into the arms of the man. He tried to hold her steady as he placed both his hands on her shoulders and took her far from the road.