𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘

a/n - hey hey hey! welcome to a new book, i've never done a nini x fem reader before :) hope you guys enjoy, i have no idea how long or short this book is gonna be, so here's a little back story. please vote!

ever since y/n's family built a house next to nina salazar-roberts' house, they had become best friends since they were 2 - they were each other's day ones. their first time meeting showed how well they were gonna be best friends, everyone could see it, even if y/n couldn't pronounce her a's, calling her nini even when she could eventually pronounce her a's. the name nini stuck to nina, she preferred it over nina ,and now everyone calls her that. y/n and nini stuck by each other's side, you'd almost never see one without the other glued beside them.

nini was y/n's best friend even before y/n even knew what a friend was.

they hung out every day, they even built a treehouse in the back of nini's house with the help of y/n's mom, her dad, mama carol and mama dana. over the years, y/n's family and nini's family became extremely close, having each other over for dinner weekly.

when middle school came around y/n waited for nini every day at her door step. nini would come out with a big grin, and they walked to school together. they kept this on for their schooling years.

ever since freshman year, y/n always had some type of feeling towards nini. she never knew if it was just because she genuinely loved nini as her best friend, or because she had feelings towards her. doing what seemed like the right thing, y/n tried to ignore those feelings and continued to be the best friend that nini needed, especially since nini started dating ricky.

y/n liked ricky. he was funny, might not have been the smartest- but hey, he was funny. even though they both liked each other as a mutual friend, y/n always declined the hang outs nini suggested when she knew ricky and nini were together, either by an instagram story or a snapchat story.

nini, being the oblivious girl she is, never really noticed y/n's feelings towards her. sure, she noticed y/n's teasing, but she thought that was just for the laughs. 

y/n loved volleyball just as much as nini loved theatre. growing up, y/n swore to nini she was gonna become a famous volleyball player that would play at the olympics. "remember me when you get famous," nini always said to her. y/n would say the exact same thing back to nini, knowing she would pursue her acting and singing. 

y/n was never a loud girl. she wasn't overly, weirdly, quiet either. she only spoke when she needed to, speaking in a nice tone. y/n got good grades, did her homework and handed it in on time despite being busy with volleyball inside and outside of school. y/n would talk with nini more than she would talk to anyone else. nini could never get sick of y/n's voice, and she was beyond proud y/n chose to start singing. 

later on, y/n became interested in singing and playing the guitar. she was pretty convinced the reason for this was because of how much nini was playing her piano and/or singing. they both came up with a plan of travelling the world together and doing concerts just before nini would go to the set for a tv show and y/n going to the olympics.

y/n's family was never worried about money. hell, ever since y/n's parents opened a a car dealership called l/n auto group. they completely knocked down their house they built just to upgrade it to a modern mansion. it definitely stood out in the neighbourhood, but as long as they were happy, right? 

y/n persisted on making her room the one on nini's room's side, getting her wish. they could now see each other through their windows, holding up some signs on some days when they were bored, laughing at the silly messages each other wrote in a bold sharpie.

nini and y/n were extremely close to being able to take their drivers license. so close that it scared them. y/n thought about it a lot. she could easily get a car via her parents' company, so could nini. after all, y/n's parents did sell nini's moms' a car for almost half the price. y/n's parents even offered to give it to them for free.

over the summer holidays prior junior year, nini went to theater camp. y/n was busy too, spending her time at a volleyball camp. both barely contacted each other during this time, doing something they loved. their summer holiday quickly came to an end, and they both had to return to school as juniors.