𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟮𝟮 - 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗯𝗼𝗮𝗿𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴

a/n - vote!

nini and i get out of my car after i parked in the yac car park. "are you okay? is there something you're not saying?" she asks, looking at me. "did you bring your snow globe?" i ask. "of course," she takes it out, shaking it with a giggle. "then you got everything you need."  nini smiles, hugging me.

we pull away, and i sigh. "thank you for dropping me off, enjoy the ride home," she says. "enjoy yac," i say. she places her bag down in the snow, cupping my cheek and kissing me.

nini turns around, walking away. she slows down her pace, turning around and looking at me. i smile softly, nodding. she cracks a smile too, turning back around and walking. i sit in my car again, closing my eyes. 

i open my eyes as my phone rings. "y/n?" nini asks. "yeah, what's up? did they kick you out?" i ask, rubbing my eyes. "no i... i can't go back. have you left yet?" "no, i'm still in the car park. i think i fell asleep for a bit or... something." nini chuckles. "okay, just stay there, i'm coming back." 

i unlock the doors as nini comes back out, holding her duffel bag. she places the bag in the back seats, getting in the passenger. "are you okay?" i ask. "yeah, can we go home, please?" she asks. i nod, starting up the car and reversing out.

i hold the lantern, looking around seb's farm. "listen, i'm sure seb and gina have a good reason for bringing us to his farm so late... on a school night. not that i mind the romantic setting," i say the last part quieter to nini who laughs. "romantic is debatable, but i like where you're headed," she says to me. "okay so, we've gathered you guys here tonight 'cause i've got this idea... and because we've only got 48 hours to do pull it off, it's gonna take all of us," gina explains. "the whole family," seb says. "aw, you guys!" nini giggles. "so i talked to gina, and we thought we could throw a big surprize party to celebrate the guy carlos is!" seb says. "and the quinceañero he always wanted but never got," gina adds, "it's a birthday party but seriously zhuzhed up, cause carlos is one of the good guys." i look around as everyone since no one had anything to say.

"okay, somebody say something because maybe this is a terrible idea?" seb says. "it's an amazing idea! i'm in!" nini exclaims. "for carlos!" i put my hand in the middle of the circle. "for carlos!" everyone puts their hand on top of mine.

i take out the roses from the plastic packaging as nini sorts out the flowers. "hey, hey! big party today!" dad exclaims as he walks into the kitchen, "looks like you're up to your ears and rose petals." "yeah, so far no thorns, so..." nini says. "is that a euphemism?" i ask, turning around to her. "look at you two, spitting out english... words," he says, taking a water bottle from the fridge and walking away. nini chuckles, "okay, are you ready? i am like... the picasso of flower arrangements." she picks up her flowers turning it to me. "uh... wait, what is that?" i ask. "yeah, picasso isn't appreciated in his own time," nini says, looking at the flowers too. "is that true?" i ask. "no, he was an extremely wealthy and a terrible person." "nini, i thought you said you could do the center pieces!" i laugh. "i know, but everyone was so excited about helping out with the party and i just wanted to be apart of it, can i see yours then?" she asks. i turn around, picking up mine from the sink. i turn around with a smile. "y/n l/n, are you crafty?" she smiles at me. "honestly, i don't know who i am anymore... but i'll help you out with your flowers and you can take all the credit," i place my flowers down. walking over to nini's. after spending about 10 minutes on nini's flowers and making them look better, i place it on the table. "wow, these look... so much better than before," nini laughs, "thanks y/n." i smile and look over at dad, who comes down in a suit. 

he snaps his finger with a big smile. "the suit looks different to your work one, who're you all dressed for?" i ask. "ah, well i figured if you're gonna go i might as well be there. why? who's gonna be there?" "just the... theater kids and miss jenn," i say, looking at nini who's trying not to laugh. "oh, no kidding. all right, chop chop. let's get a move on. go, go!" he runs out of the kitchen.

we start to place the flowers into the wooden box. "hey... i was thinking, seeing you in the rehearsal room yesterday, i don't know, maybe it wouldn't hurt if you talked to miss jenn about getting you back on stage with the rest of us." "oh well... i wasn't there for the audition, so it's not really fair," she says. "yeah, but if you talked to her, i'm sure-" "honestly, maybe it's a sign. i should jsut focus on making new music and do my own solo thing," she says, putting on her leather jacket. "if i'm in rehearsals and you're doing your solo thing, when will we see each other?" i ask. "we live right next to each other and have almost all the same classes. it's not that deep, i just wanna try new stuff," she says, placing the last set of flowers in the wooden box. "all right! let's load up, guys!" dad says, walking into the living room.

we all pick up a wooden box each, walking to my car and placing it in the trunk. "why do i have to sit in the backseats?" dad complains as i drive out of the driveway. "why're you complaining like a 10 year old?" i laugh. "just saying!" he says, laughing too.

i walk over to gina, seeing her talk to a couple other theater kids. "hey, gina!" i call out. gina turns to me with a smile as they leave. "what's up?" she asks. "i have a proposal to run past you. do you think it's a crazy idea if i talk to miss jenn about getting nini back into the show somehow?" i ask. "does nini want that?" she asks. "i think she feels a little weird about it." "maybe you should make sure nini's cool with it before you..." "i mean, would you be cool with it? theoretically, if i went behind your back for like... a good reason, would you be flattered?" "i'd probably be flattered," gina chuckles. "okay, cool. you're the best."

"and i was just thinking, it would mean so much for nini..." i explain to miss jenn. "y/n, i hear you. and i miss nini up there too, every day i do. and while her talent would give us an edge at the menkies, and put that beautiful, evil, zackey ray in his place, the show has been cast." i nod understandingly, "i...i understand." "there's always next falls' musical." i nod, walking away.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARLOS!" we all yell after ricky and ej pull open the doors.

"hey everyone!" nini says into the microphone as we stand on stage, speaking to everyone. "it's carlos' quinceañero!" i exclaim, cheering along with everyone else, "gina, get on up here!" nini and i walk off the stage, sitting next to each other as gina speaks.

nini leans into me as we watch little carlos' video that projected onto the screen. i smile as gina starts dancing along to the video. "YEAH!" we all cheer as gina puts a crown on carlos.

we all cheer again as seb comes on top of a truck, sitting on the piano as it reverses. "carlos... hi," he says into the microphone, "uh, your post kinda went viral. semi-viral for utah." nini's right hand goes around my shoulder, and i hold onto it as her other hand goes to my left shoulder. i look up at her with teary eyes, and she gives the softest smile to me.

i smile as seb starts to play the piano, singing shortly after. after he finishes, carlos walks over to him. "where did you come from, and why am i so lucky?" carlos asks after hugging him. "wasatch county, and you just are," seb replies.

i look away from nini who sat beside me, looking at miss jenn. "hi," she says. "hi!" i respond. "hi. you know how i always say the craziest ideas occur either in the shower or in an airplane bathroom during turbulence?" "you... do?" nini responds. "nini, i think you belong on stage with us. no- i know you do," miss jenn says confidently, "i have an idea that'll blow the competition out of the water."