Chapter Four:

Walking into the palace literally took my breath away. The two spiral staircases cascade down to the floor. Red banners and large portraits of the family lines the hall. A chandelier big enough to house to a couple small families sits in the dead center, balancing the room with a brilliant light fluttering down through the glimmering crystals.

"Luke?" A boy comes bounding down the right spiral staircase, his golden curls bounce as he shuffles over. Luke laughs and squeezes my hand. My first encounter with another royal. I inhale sharply and stare at the whimsical boy. "Oh my!" He exclaims dramatically grasping his chest. "Who is this fine young lady?" He stares down at our intertwined hands, making Luke let go immediately. The boy chuckles and lifts the hand and plants a small kiss on it.

"Ellie, this is Ashton, my older brother." Ashton stands taller and presses out his suit jacket.

"I may be his older brother but sadly his growth spurt was more glorious than mine." He shuffles next to Luke and stands on his tip toes. I giggle as Luke shoves him away and laughs. Ashton beams at me, seeing that he has gotten a response out of me. "So Luke is father...informed of this situation?"

Luke glares at him and grabs my wrist, leading me away from him. I look back to see Ashton start to job back next to us.

"Come on, I did not mean it like that!" Ashton says trying to smooth over the apparent mistake he has made. I watch his pleading eyes as he stops and watches Luke drag me off. "Well farewell Ellie have a good afternoon!"

Luke drags me off further into the palace, down long corridors and around bends. I try to keep up with the amount of twists and turns, but after a while I find it too dizzying to keep up. He stops on a dime and turns to the guard in front of brilliant white doors.

"Good evening Prince Luke. Who's your guest?" The man asks sweetly.

"Just a friend Jacques." Luke says grinning. I smile and nod, following him inside. His room is as brilliant as the entrance. A large bay window is behind a huge king sized bed, covered in a deep green blanket. Books line the wall to our left and a desk with a small door adjacent to it sits to our right.

"Wow..." I gasp again. I walk over to his window and look out to see the shadows of a huge garden and forest behind it. Luke smiles and walks over to his bed. "This is absolutely amazing."

"It's just a house darling." He chuckles, taking off his shoes. I watch him strip his jacket, undo his tie and belt. He stands in only his white under shirt and his dress pants. "Would you like to see your room?" I nod quickly expecting him to lead me out of his room, but he walks over to the door next to the large desk scattered with papers of all sorts.

The door swings open and shows a large washroom with the same cold white granite that covers the rest of the halls. He continues to another door straight ahead of us. He opens it and motions for me to walk in. The room is the same size, completely huge, but set up differently. The bed is sitting facing us as we walk in. There is a huge bay window with a small seat sitting under it. Right next to it is another door.

"What's that door for?" I ask walking over to it. He smiles and nods for me to go to it. I open the door and walk out onto a small white balcony. Roses and lilies line the bordered fencing. "It's beautiful"

I walk over to the fence and lean over it. Luke comes up beside me and looks over to me.

"It is..." He chuckles and looks down at his feet. "Not the only pretty thing though."

"That was ridiculous!" I giggle and hide my face from him. I look over him and see him blush.

"Well maybe I w-wasn't talking to y-you." He stutters out and picks a small flower. He spins it around in his hand and laughs again. "Maybe, just maybe, I am talking about this beautiful flower!" He exclaims and looks back over to me. I giggle and step towards him. I poke the flower with my index finger.