Chapter 3:

"Right here" Cole pointed to a large bush and motioned, placing the bags. We all placed our backpacks behind us and scurried off toward the large tent.

There right in front of us stood a huge tent about 20 feet tall. No wonder most people knew that this was a carnival from miles away. "Did you know that this tent has been up for like 60 years!" Max cried.

I personally never liked history. There was never anything fascinating about it in my opinion.

"Yeah and I don't care," Jamie replied in a hurry. "If you don't get your clown costume on and take that booger-like costume off, I'm gonna murder you.

Soon after what seemed like an hour (though I was informed by Max that it had only been 10 minutes), we were set up. Red lights were dangling from every tent and surprisingly the huge one too. Don't know how Cole and Jamie managed to get it up there but it looked amazing. The music, fake blood, and 2 fake life-size dolls of what looked like twins were on the trail.

Soon we increased the volume of the music so people trick or treating near the area could hear and finally set up our tent near the outskirts of the carnival so we could get a good view of people checking it out and getting scared. Also because Max was too scared of getting caught vandalizing. 

I didn't care because this was turning out to be the best Halloween/goodbye party for Cole and Jamie. I still can't imagine how I'll go to school without them. I could also tell that no matter how much Max said he was annoyed by Jamie picking on him, we would all miss each other.

"VALL!!" I turned my head and saw Jamie urging me toward our tent. I guess they had set it up when I was busy thinking.

"What??" I said. "Don't tell me that Cole started the movie again like last year". I said running.

Last Halloween after we had come home and finished planning, we chose a movie to watch but while Max was in the bathroom and me and Jamie were grabbing snacks, Cole had started and watched a chunk of it. We were all pissed off and he refused to restart the movie.

"Someone's coming!!" She said, I ran towards our tent and sat down in the one space left. The setup was great. There were fairy lights around the entire tent and they lit the place up well. My eyes also set on the snacks set up on the floor of the tent. There were sour straps, Coffee Crisps, Snickers, M&M's, Hershey's, Kitkat, popcorn (blue raspberry and caramel), and a lot more.

"Did we go overboard on the snacks?" I said pulling out my snacks from my bag. "Nah.." Max said, trying not to laugh, "The more the merrier".

"It's not Christmas idiot," Jamie said. Before Max could reply Cole spoke up.

"Shut up" Max glared at him, "both of you". Now Jamie was the one glaring. "They are coming".

He was right. 2 people came into view. "Ugh no, it's the twins," Jamie said.

"Just play the movie, people will come eventually," I said. 

But after what seemed like 20 minutes, when we were one-fourth done with the so-called 'scary movie' that only Max seemed genuinely scared of, a striking sound filled the air. 

**Sorry for the late update.**

(More chapters will be coming more frequently now, enjoy reading ;)