Chapter 16 - Back home

Flashback (4 years ago [age 20] 25.12.2018)

The best climber of the last climbing seasons injured! Will she be able to return for the Olympic Summer Games in Tokyo?

Angelica Leclerc, best female climber is awake again!

Will Angelica Leclerc attend the 2020 Olympic SG?

News from the climbing world, Angelica Leclerc is conscious again!

These are just a few of the headlines, the press and media is full of articles about me right now. The whole climbing world is just talking about my injuries right now. Am I able to climb at the Olympic Games? It is nearly 2019 and the Summer Games are in August 2020. With all the fractures, strains and torn ligament it seems impossible right now. One and a half year to get all these muscles back, to get back to my old form? Always there was this dream. This dream of climbing at the Olympic Games. The masterclass of sports.
Now climbing is finally a discipline and I? I am in a hospital, nearly died and with many fractures. Are all those dreams I had now unreachable? No, nonono, this can't be real. I have to climb there, even if it will cost me all my strength and nerves. I would not be the person I am, if I wouldn't try. Even if all this is crazy, I have to make this. The people can call me crazy and irresponsible, but I. Am. Going. To. Climb. At. The. Olympics.

(on Instagram)

climbing.news

Angelica Leclerc, several times worldcup climber woke up from coma!

climbing.news Angelica Leclerc, the 20 year old woman from Monaco, who is dominating her sport right now, woke up from a two month coma. She is alright now, but isn't ready to climb again. She has to do some physiotherapy and rehab, before coming back. Will she be able to climb at the Olympic Games 2020 or is this the chance for all her rivals?

I were about to open another instagram post, when someone knocked on my door and I heard steps. A few seconds later I saw the had of my two favourite Frenchmen popping up around the corner of my hospital wall. "Tonie, Pierre!" I exclaimed and wanted to get up from bed "Stop it Ane, you have to lay down." Pierre said and I just sat up sulking. First Pierre then Anthonie hugged me and so I also wrapped my hand around their neck.

"It's so lovely you two are here! Especially you Ton. We haven't seen each other for such a long time, I missed you." he smiled at me "Maybe that's because you were in coma? But now I'm here again. I was so worried and scared to not see you laughing again. How are you doing now?" "Yea I mean could be better, but I'm alright. Muscles have to be build up again, but in general I'm okay. You saw that climbing is at the next Olympics as a discipline?" "Yea, Pierre and I talked about it on the way here. How are you dealing with all those artictles, speculating if you participate at the Olympics? I mean it is nearly 2019 and the Olympics are 2020, you have to go to rehab and everything. What do you think is it possible you are at the Olympics?" he asked curious and with a spark of concerns, Pierre next to him raised his eyebrows and also said "Of course you are going to look after your health first, all those injuries need to heal. Before you climb again, especially as hard as you do, you have to be 100% fit again. Then we can watch if you are going to climb there."Come on Pierre, I'm fine and I'm going to be at the Olympics. My whole life I dreamt about it and now I shouldn't attend there? I can assure you, that I will train as hard as I can and do everything it needs to be there." the two boys infront of me looked at each other and then back to me with worried expressions. Then Pierre spoke up again "Of course you can do what you want, but don't overtrain your body and pressure yourself. It isn't healthy if you train the whole time and your mental health will also suffer of overthinking. And no don't even try to disagree we all know how much you pressure yourself and overthink everything you do." a sight left my mouth "Yea, I know and for that I have those two wonderful best friends infront of me. Those who I can talk to and who will surely come with me to Olympia." I smiled and their worried expression also changed into a lovely smile. "We love you two Ane." Tonie told me and once again hugged me.