Chapter 3 "(Y/N) Begins [3]" - "Beacon"

As time would pass, you'd quickly learn the entirety of the honors classes and then started your 2nd year at Signal.

The 2nd year of signal you started learning what aura is and the teacher would go around before placing a hand on each kid's shoulder and with his aura engaged the person he was touching their aura would engage as well.

Looking like the aura would engage and their color would show it all looked strangely comfortable to you.

As you zoned out from the concentration of watching aura, engage, you felt yourself be engulfed by a warm feeling.

Looking down at your hands, there was a bright gold hue encasing your body.

"Wh..."

"Oooohh! (Y/N)! (Y/N)!" Yang shouted, grabbing your shoulders. "Your aura!"

"Y-Yang!" You shouted while she shook you.

She attracted the attention of the Teacher and entire class.

For a strange reason, your aura would flow to Yang's fingertips that were planted on your shoulders and she'd be encased with her yellow aura.

Yang gasped.

"I did it too!"

***

As you arrived home instantly, Summer gave you a tight hug.

"Oof! Summer?"

Summer zipped over and gave Yang a tight hug as well.

Summer then took a step back.

"Your father told me what happened today! I'm so proud of you both!"

"Ouch. I didn't really do too much. When I touched (Y/N) I just felt warmth going through my body and then saw that I had apparently unlocked my aura as well."

"Oh, really?" Summer took a step back and looked at the two of you side by side.

You were slightly taller than Yang, standing at 5'10 while she stood at 5'8.

She rubbed her chin, nodding to herself.

"I can see it."

"See what?" You asked, confused.

"Nothing... Just know I know it's going to happen."

"What's going to happen?!"

"Heh heh." Summer chuckled with a smug grin on her face.

"???" Yang was more confused than you. "Wuh...?"

Ruby ran out of her room and instantly tackle hugged you and Yang.

"Ruby?"

Ruby would step back.

"Mom told me what happened with you both today! And I'll have you both know that I am enrolling in Signal soon!"

"Good job, little sister!" Yang said, ruffling her hair.

You chuckled cheekily. "Good luck underclassmen."

This shocked Ruby and she'd gasped. "What!? What does that mean?! Will the upperclassman bully me or something!?"

"No. I'm just messing with you, Ruby." You said, ruffling her hair. "But if anyone does try, come tell me. I'll make sure they never do it again!" You declared with a smile and a thumbs up.

"What about Yang?" Ruby asked.

You looked at Yang and rubbed your chin while squinting your eyes.

"Yang is a big girl. She can protect herself."