Coming out as trans to Steve

TW: Transphobia and deadname

Backstory: You're Steve's kid and he doesn't support the LGBTQ+ community. You decide to come out to the Avengers but you and Steve get into an argument. You're female to male. Kate's your girlfriend and she's known about it for months. She's the only avenger that knows until now. No one knows you two are together.

3rd person pov

You walk down to the dining room. Wanda and Bucky are just finishing making dinner and you grab a seat at the table, next to Kate. She looks at you and smiles, reassuring you that everything's going to be okay. She knows you want to come out today.

As everyone settles down and starts eating, you start to speak. "Hey guys, I have something to say."

"What's up (your deadname)?" Asks Steve.

"Um, I'm trans. I'm a guy, I use He/Him pronouns and my name is Y/N." You announce, scared.

"I'm proud of you for coming out." Says Wanda

Kate looks at you smiling and proud.

"No." Says Steve

Everyone looks at Steve in confusion as you look down.

"This is unacceptable, Y/D/N." Yells Steve

"Y/N, Steve. Your son is Y/N." Interrupts Tony.

"No. My daughter is 17 and doesn't know what she wants." Argues Steve.

Bucky stands up and argues "YOUR SON."

You can feel tears forming in your eyes and you run out the room and go upstairs. Kate quickly follows behind to make sure you're okay.

As you close the door, Kate catches it and comes in. She gives you a big hug. "I just don't know what to do." You say as you cry on her shoulder.

"I know what can help. Come here." Says Kate.

She leads you into the washroom in your room and brings scissors. She brings in a chair and tells you to sit down facing the mirror. She tells you to lean forward into the sink and she wets your head. She dries off the water leaving it damp, ties your hair into little pony tails and cuts them right off.

"Sorry, I just wanted to cut them off and have them organized so you can maybe donate them to help people with cancer." She says

"That's a Great idea!" You say

She finishes cutting your hair, short to your liking and kisses you on your head.

"I love you Y/N." Kate says

You smile ans reply, "I love you too, Kate."

With new confidence, you decide to go downstairs and show the others who you really are. You can hear them still arguing but when Nat sees you, she tells them all to shut up.

Steve says angrily. "Y/D/N, what the hell did you do. And Kate. You let her do this? How dare you."

Steve walks up to Kate angrily and slaps her. You quickly get in between the two of them and punch Steve.

"BACK OFF FROM MY GIRLFRIEND." You yell

You turn around to Kate and check to make sure she's okay. You put your hands around her cheek and turn around to see the rest if the Avengers in shock.

"Steve. Go to my office." Demands Tony

He reluctantly agrees.

Nat walks up to you and gives you a big hug. So does Wanda and Bucky. Nat looks at Kate's cheek and Sam throws a pack of ice over to Nat. She gives it to Kate and tells her to use it for the next bit.

"You two, go back up to your room, we'll deal with this." Says Nat

After an hour, there's a knock on your door. You tell them to come in and it's Tony.

"Hey Kid, so, I talked to Steve and he's not on board but that's okay. I can get you in at my doctor's tomorrow and he can get you started on your journey. Is that okay?" Asked Tony

"YES!" You exclaimed

"Okay awesome, I'll make an appointment." Says Tony

He leaves the room and Kate hugs you out of excitement and happiness for you.