Breakout.

Insanity laid and pondered the four lonely walls she'd found herself trapped in for what felt like years. She sighed, taking in the cold uncaring walls. The creaky floorboards, the old, rickety and hard bed. She was sick of it all. She wanted out of this idiotic asylum.

Clambering out of her bed with a large creak, she made her way over to the fairly large window located at the corner of Malice's bed. There she stood for a few moments, taking in the dark scenery that the outside world presented to her. One she hadn't been able to experience in a long while. A small chuckle came out of her. and then a louder one. and another. until the whole room felt as though it would burst from her laughter.
Other patients stirred in their sleep. She slammed her head against the wall, gentle enough not to make too much of a noise, to snap herself out of her.. "insanity".

Insanity peered around in the dark. She couldn't see anyone. She'd assumed that the asylum, due to being understaffed, had left the patients unoccupied as they slumbered. With this in mind, she began digging her yellow claws into the window, scratching and clawing at them as best she could. This window, keep in mind, was made of glass. People would hear if it smashed. At this point, however, Insanity was in too deep. Her mind only filled with daydreams about the outside world.

Crash.

Bang.

Shatter.

These noises filled the room, just as her laughter had done before. The noises, so loud that they even knocked her out of her mania.
A doctor came rushing into the room as the patients began to realise one of the windows had smashed. A few made a break for it, others, too scared, went back to sleep.
Doctor Sade Stoneheart stared Insanity dead in the eyes. She was too stunned to move at this moment, even with the others piling on top of her, successfully knocking her to the ground, to try and escape the wretched place.
The laughter came once again. A small giggle at first. But it grew. Louder. Louder. Even moreso than before.
The whole asylum started to fill with her laughter. Even when the doctor grasped her by the scruff of her neck, the laughter continued. He spat in her face, the laughter continued. He dragged her through the halls, yet the laughter continued. He threw her into his office, her laughter only growing.
Finally, he slapped her across the face and got a cane that was rested against the wall for "special occasions". He held it up to her face.
"This is for waking me up." With one fowl swoop, the cane slashed against Insanity's body. She yelped through her laughter.
"This is for trying to escape." Three gashes straight into her sides, each with more power than the last. She yelped and began to cry, her laughter growing with each bit of pain she received.
"This is for that STUPID LAUGH." He began recklessly slashing the cane across her body, with no second thoughts. The gashes were piercing skin and Insanity was clearly wounded, bleeding and screaming at the top of her lungs. Yet there was nothing she could do. With each hit, each swoop, each agonising wound, she laughed harder. To the point where she couldn't breathe anymore. Her laughing screeches turned into choked cries for help. Was she choking on spit or blood? It was unknown.

The doctor finally stopped. He dropped the weapon almost as quickly as he'd picked it up and held her close to him. "You'd better not fucking die." He groaned, knowing full well he'd be the one to blame. Not that anyone would care.
He picked her up and carried her to the nursing room, where he gently placed her on the table and patched up a few of the worst gashes.
He didn't want his inmate to die, after all.