Chapter 4 -Lucas-

Lucas

After having lunch with Mariah we leave to pick up Mickey at my sisters. "So he's been asking to see me?" Bias asks glancing at me out of the corner of her eye.

"Yea. I had to threaten him twice with not being able to see you so that he would listen. I think my sister has been doing the same because she texted me this afternoon asking who you were and why Mickey didn't want to take a nap."

Nia laughs holding her stomach. She's beautiful, and I completely understand why Mickey wants to see her.

After the ten minutes I pull into my sisters driveway and we get out. "Hey Maya," I say when my sister answers the door. She smiles and looks over at Nia.

"This is Nia." I say gesturing to her. "Oh wow! Hi I'm Maya Lucas' big sister. I can see why Mickey wanted to see you so bad." Maya says with a smile before hugging Nia tightly.

"Yea I'm sorry about that. Lucas you should have just called my brother this morning so Mickey could talk to me. I wouldn't have minded." She says looking at me and laughing a little.

"Nia, Nia, Nia!!!!!" Mickey yells running to the door. "You here! Pwetty Nia!" She laughs kneeling and opening her arms for 'my' little boy.

"Of course I'm here Mickey! But hey I heard you were giving your Papi and your Tia Maya a hard time." She says as Mickey looks down at his shoes.

I have never seen this kid do that. I look over at my sister who's looking at Nia with admiration in her eyes. I knew that Maya would love her.

"Yea." He says softly. "Well señorito you need to go say sorry to them for not listening. Now go and give hugs and kisses too." Nia says turning him and pointing at Maya.

Mickey walks slowly forward and reaches my sister. "May-May. I sowey for not being good boy." He tugs on her hand so that she is kneeling in front of him and he wraps his little hands around her neck an kisses her softly on the cheek.

"Well thank you Mickey for saying sorry and I love you mijito." Smiling Mickey backs up and turns to face Nia again opening his arms for her to pick him up.

"Nope. Who else do you have to say sorry too Mickey?" She gives him a frown and look like she is suppressing the urge to giggle.

"Papi?" He questions and runs over to me. "Papi I sowey for being monstro Mickey." He says hugging My leg. "It's okay bud. I forgive you."

Mickey laughs and runs excitedly toward Nia with out stretched arms to get picked up. "Okay now that that is taken care of. What would you like to do Mickey?"

She asks ruffling his hair a little. "I wan watch aspicable me. Pweas Nia it's my favorite!" Nia laughs her perfect laugh and situates Mickey on her hip before walking towards me and the car.

"Okay bud we can watch Despicable Me. And maybe your daddy will let's us go get some popcorn and candy!" She looks at Me out of the corner of her eye as she says this. Probably to gage my reaction to her wanting to give Mickey a bunch of sweets.

"Yea yea! Bye May-May! Come on daddy I wan eat corn and candy!" Mickey says bouncing in Nia's arms.

Thirty minutes later we are back from the store with candy and popcorn and a bunch of other junk. Nia bought Mickey little hot-wheel cars that he wanted so he's sitting on the floor playing with that.

"Mickey? Why don't you come sit here with me so that we can start the movie?" Nia says from the couch and Mickey jumps up and goes to sit in her lap. She's sitting on the middle of the couch and I have to resist the urge to sit right next to her and wrap and arm around her shoulders.

"Papi? Can you sit next to me?" Mickey says patting the place next to him and Nia. "Uh... I don't know bud what if Nia wants to just share the couch with you?" I say looking at Nia questioningly.

"Oh no! I don't mind at all you can sit here!" She says with a half smile. I nod and stand up from the floor. Sitting down I sit a good foot away from Nia.

"Daddyyyyy! You are to far!" Mickey squeals pulling my arm so that I can move closer to him and Nia.

"Yea daddy your to far..." Nia says mocking Mickey but quickly quiets down realizing she just called me daddy.

I chuckle lightly but move closer and Mickey moves into my lap while Nia picks up her feet so that she now had her legs in the couch too.

"Okay lets press play." She says trying to change the subject.

Thirty minutes into the movie Mickey is now laying on his cars pillow on the floor asleep. Nia and I somehow managed to be laying on the couch.

She has her head on my chest and her legs intertwined with mine, one of her arms is draped over my chest and I have one arm around get shoulders holding her to me. She's sleeping of course. But still I like it way more than I should.

I've never brought a girl back to the apartment. Because 1 I have Mickey, and 2 I live with my brothers.

Nia moves and I can tell she's awake now but she doesn't move she just lays there for a few minutes before she begins to sit up slowly.

"Lucas?" Nia whispers softly. "Lucas? Wake up." She gently pokes my chest and I open my eyes. "What Nia?" I say whispering as well.

"I should call my brother... So he can pick me up." Oh shit! I forgot about Noe. "That's probably a good idea. I don't want him mad at me..." I say sitting up and looking around for my cell.

"I'd take you home but he's asleep and it doesn't seem like anyone else is home yet." I say realizing its way past 4 and I promised Noe to have her home by then.

"Noe? Hey I'm sorry we lost track if time. We were watching a movie with Mickey....yea... No... Could you come get me?.... No... He's sleeping.... That's jacked bro... Okay yea see you in ten... Mhmm see you in a sec."

With that she hangs up the phone and turns to look at me. "Thanks... You know for asking me to hang with you and Mickey today. I had a lot of fun, he's a little sweetheart."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Gah! What do you guys think?!?!

~Cheeky