Chapter 13 -Nia-

Song- Alive, Pearl Jam

It's been a little over a week since we found out about all of my dads money. It's nice to know you are financially in a good place... Well in our case a great place. My mom is so happy about all of this.

She offered Lucas a room... For Mickey. She says that we are good together and that she approves of us. As long as we are Taking the appropriate precautions. No Lucas and I haven't done anything yet. But before we even think about it I have to tell him. Dammit!

"Nia?!" I snap my head up suddenly aware that I've been in English... Daydreaming/having and internal battle with my self. "Um, yes?" I say with a grimace.

"I've been calling your name for the past five minutes ms. Torres. What are you doing for your final project.?" Mrs. Salazar asks irritatedly.

"Um well I haven't exactly decided yet..."

"We'll Nia you are going to have to come up with this subject quickly because it is due next week. Now pack up the bell will ring shortly."

We all pack up and as the bell rings and I slowly put my things away. "Ms. Torres, it's not like you to be distracted." Mrs. Salazar walks towards me with concern etched on her face.

"I have a lot on my plate is all. I'm fine I'll have it done Mrs. Salazar." I smile and quickly make my way our of the class and towards my car.

"Babe?!" Smiling I turn to see Lucas walking up to me. Wrapping an arm around my shoulders we make our way to Lucas' car.

"Baby? Why are you being so quiet?"

"We need to talk about something Lucas." I smile wearily, open the passenger side door and get it. Lucas looks at me confused as he makes his way over to the driver side.

"Okay, Nia what's going on? Babe are you okay? You know that you can tell me anything right?" I look over at him and nod. "Lucas I know that, it's just... Well I... Gah!" I look out the window and Lucas runs his hand down my arm.

"Nia I'm not going to run. You didn't when you found out about Mickey and whatever it is I'm not going anywhere Nia. I... I love you. And I've never said that to anybody other than Mickey and I'm glad I said it to you because it's true.

Nia Torres I'm in love with you baby and I'm not going to leave you." Lucas smiles my favorite smile and pulls me in for a hug. Blinking I realize that sometime between him confessing his love for me to now I started crying.

"Sophomore-year my ex boyfriend beat me because I wouldn't have sex with him. He wad so nice to me when we met and I don't know I was a complete girl and fell for him. He slowly started changing. It was subtle at first we fought all the time and I'd try to leave him but he would apologize and say he loved me. It started escalating and he would get really mad and totally man handle me. It was never noticeable and then it started getting worse. He started leaving huge bruises on my arms and legs. I was so scared, but I never told anyone because he would say sorry and promise to never hit me again.

He was the golden boy and I was just so scared. One day after school Noe had soccer practice and I had no other way of getting home so Jonny said he'd take me. Instead he took me somewhere else and he tried to rape me. He told me that I was such a 'cock tease' and that he was going to get what he wanted. I was so scared and he held me down I ended up with bruises and scratches over my arms  I... I thought that was it for me.

He made me terrified. My brother was calling and calling me because I wasn't home and I didn't answer. He did the whole find my phone thing on the iPhone. And they found me...

He was so brutal. He hurt me so bad Lucas. I have scars on my legs.. my stomach and around my breasts... all i remember is screaming and then I woke up in a hospital bed... They told me that my brother got to me in time. He wasn't able to actually rape me, but he did leave cuts along my body."

My words became jumbled sobs after that and Lucas just held me for a long time. He placed kisses on my head and my forehead and lifting my face he kissed away my tears, then my nose and finally my mouth.

"Nia, baby I'm so sorry that happened... But why would I be mad at you an leave you for something you had no control over baby?" Looking into his eyes I pulled him closer to me.

"Thank you," smiling I kissed him softly. "Thank you...for not... Running away..." I kiss his forehead, his temples, his nose, his cheeks, slowly I plant kisses along his jaw and stop just below his mouth.

"I love you..." I say as Lucas pulls my face to his crashing our lips together. Our kiss quickly goes from soft to more forceful.

He bites and begins to suck softly on my bottom lip before running his tongue across it silently asking for entrance. Quickly I accept and his tongue moves across mine.

Pulling away I smile weakly and he gives me one last peck before pulling away. "I love you Nia Torres and nothing is going to make me change my mind."

Smiling I settle back into my seat as Lucas starts the car and back out heading home.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Love you all and thanks loads for reading!

Vote comment follow! ;)

~Cheeky