ekko x reader (PART TWO)

ekko x reader

NOTES.
js wanted to note that this is basically episode 3 except benzo & vander didn't die. they're saving someone who has deal w vander
---

I grabbed my stomach desperately, tears rolling down my cheek. I tried to pull myself off of the stone floor, but quickly fell, dropping onto my gaping wound. I wailed, my scream being drowned out by the sound of fighting all around me.

"No..." I found myself mumbling, tears welling my eyes and clouding my vision. I couldn't die. I wasn't ready. I had so much I still needed to do.

I started losing control in my body, and felt my eyes drooping, my head falling. You're going to die, I thought. But my intrusive thought was interrupted when through my teary, clouded vision, I could make out a figure running towards me.

"Ekko..?" I mumbled, my voice hoarse and quiet. I felt like a mouse-- quiet, small and weak as Ekko picked me up.

Everything happened too fast, and by the time the fire had been extinguished, I still hadn't grasped what had just happened.

I held onto Ekko's arms, more tears rolling down my cheeks as he maneuvered us through the fire. "Am I going to die?" I asked him, but I was more asking myself. "I-I don't wanna die, Ekko. Don't-" I was cut off by a cough escaping my lips, blood drooling down my lips. "Don't let him take me," I said, shaking violently before I felt exhaustion wash over me. I shut my eyes, falling into a deep slumber before I could even realize what he said.

I woke up, my memory cloudy as my eyes fluttered open. I groaned softly in pain, faintly remembering fire attacking my skin. I managed to crain my head to view my scars, moving the quilt to view my body.

"Oh my God..." you managed to mumble before you heard a faint noise.

You snapped your head up, eyes flickering around the dimly lit room. You managed to see the outline of a person beside you, but couldn't quite make out there features. That was until you saw their hair-- a snow white color that could only identify one person.

You let a warm smile creep up onto your cheeks-- had he stayed here with me? You decided to let him rest for a bit, your eyes flickering back onto your wounds.

You couldn't exactly view your scars, but you weren't sure if you wanted to. You were wearing an oversized t-shirt and an oversized pair of shorts (probably Ekko's) that allowed you to view the bandages covering your body.

You weren't able to see much of your skin, parts of it poking out from the white bandages. You swallowed and got up, shuffling around to the other side of the room to see yourself.

The room went silent once your vision met the mirror. One of your eyes was covered white a patch, a dark red scar poking out from the patch that started at your cheek and ended at your forehead.

Your other eye was fine, but it widened by the second as reality sunk in. You peeled the patch off, only to gag and cry out something.

You weren't even sure what you were crying out for, but your best friend seemed to understand. He suddenly woke up, his eyes going wide at the cry for help. His eyes shot up to see your hand over your mouth and your eye patch peeled off slightly. You noticed him just after he saw you, and quickly covered your scarred eye.

"Don't look!" you cried, and he sighed softly.

He was honestly thrilled to know that you were awake-- every else told him to give up and that you were dead, but he didn't show it. He didn't want to make you any more emotional than you were, so he walked over to you, putting his arms around you.

The two of you stood together for what felt like eternity, Ekko silently comforting you. Once you had finally calmed down he fixed your wound and you asked, "What happened?"