chapter 1:I love you back strider

Dave swooped back his hair,as he walked downstairs,there karkat was stiting in the door all alone,Dave walked over to him confused,asking why he was there "kanaya never picked me up :(" "oh." He picked karkat up as he was small enough to get help be Dave,karkat could hear how tense he was,his heart beating fast,his breath faster,karkat started to purr as Dave stopped,he looked down at karkat and blushed,it was now around 3am and they were in karkats room talking about everyone when suddenly karkat stopped, "what's wrong kar?" Dave asked, "d-dave?"
"Yeah dude?" His heart beat fast, nervous fro what he would say,he leaned into karkat and hugged him as karkat said "your the best friend I've ever know" as he clenched Daves cape,Daves heart stopped
he wished they were more that just "best friends" he wanted so much more than that.it tore his heart in two when he heard that.he swallowed back tears as he replied "you too"with a cracky voice,karkat k backed up,"what's wrong dave." "It's nothing dude.im fine." "No.no Dave your not.i know your not what's going on." Trying to hd back tears he collapsed into karkats arms and sobbed.he hated this stupid feeling,that he would never be good enough,what his bro told him,that he would never be with karkat.but he knew karkat knew.he held him in his arms as he sobbed,as he played with his hair with his fingers,he started to calm Dave down,"k-karkat?" "Yeah?" He asked with worry in his eyes and voice, "I-um" "I know." Karkat said holding him still,he cried softly as karkat tilted his chin up and kissed him on the forehead,Dave was practically a strawberry at that point his heart fluttered,the one he loved all this time loved him back.