The

Jay's Pov

I've been waiting and praying for this day for the past 6 months, now that its here, I'm more nervous than excited about seeing my wife.
Don't get me wrong, I love Lerato to death and there'll never be anyone else but her.
I'm just not sure she'll ever be the same woman I fell in love with.

'Her memory is triggered by fear but odd things scare her not violence/fighting' I see the text from Lufuno.
Strange, I was under the impression she can't feel fear or any other emotion other than murderous rage

This all started last year November 24th during Phakamile's Birthday celebration.
His woman had arranged this extravagant day that had surprises after another and for the first time in years, we were all together at the same time and place.
Somehow some idiot decided to test all of us with a failed attempt on kidnapping Phakamile's wife.
That was the first sign we had been breached but somehow instead of blood shed, we all but Danso went to Cape Town for the weekend.
Only a suicidal idiot would make Danso and Phakamile an enemy, we're all protected just by association

Danso had Nathi's businesses liquidated in hours and as much as he wanted to kill the wife and kids to make him really feel it, Phakamile had gotten soft and decided a man losing his money and power was punishment enough.

"My issue is with him, we don't mess with women and children. Have y'all lost your minds?" He said when we told him to take out Nathi's family

Now that we know, they actually meant to take his wife instead of Lerato, he's singing a different tune because that was then.

I would hate and blame Phakamile and Danso for what happened to Lerato if they too didn't lose their wives.
We don't speak much, each of us lick our wounds in designated corners but at least my wife is alive and now back home regaining her memory

Phakamile has to live with the fact that his wife died thinking, he hates her.

We all teased him about waiting 35 years to fall in love and how all the hearts he's broken along the way will be avenged by Lesedi driving him crazy just because she can.

She had him moving into the middle of no where, far from everything and everyone.
2 months after he bought a new house because he's previous one was given to his ex whom he was meant to marry weeks after meetings Lesedi.

Never once did we think, she'd hurt him the way she's hurt him, sure he can be dark but now he's nothing but a shell of a man.
Dying and leaving him with the guilt of knowing, it was all his fault, is the hurt we never knew or wanted for our brother.
Sure my family is compromised and a lot of pain has and is being endured but my wife is alive and we can always make more kids.

Love is a fucked up thing, Phakamile is THE definition of a thug in a suit. As kind and generous as he can be, he's a cruel man and that woman just walked into his life and had him simping at hello.
Lerato didn't know or remember me but I still had access to her. When she left I made sure she worked at a company I had a say in.
There's cameras in her house and car, I also made sure that Thabo knew that. Even kissing Lerato wasn't up for discussion, he was there because she needed that.
Thankfully the very same cameras in the house have helped clear her name in this murder investigation.
This could be the break through we've been workings towards for months now

Everytime Lerato ran to her hometown she always ended up at Thabo's house so even his mother is my payroll.
I had to lie and say her parents passed away 2 years, it was an easier lie than telling Lerato that her parents died one after the other when she was kidnapped
Her father's blood pressure went up the roof, the first time they too received the torture video, days later he had a stroke
My mother-in-law's heart gave in shortly after and a month into her disappearance they were both gone. Thandeka didn't know as well until Lerato came home