four

“why the hell did you pass by us? couldn’t you at least say hi or something?” donghyuck complained not exactly why he’s complaining. “why do you care if i won’t greet you? who are you? my friend?” chenle asked back clearly annoyed for no reason too.

jeno was just standing in between them completely lost. “hey‚ hey‚ ” jeno separated the two before they got physical with each other. “why don’t you guys just say sorry to each other and be friends?”

“as if i wanna say sorry to him” chenle said emphasizing the ‘him’ making donghyuck frown. “yeah‚ as if i wanna say sorry to him too” the tan boy said as he crossed his arms making jeno sigh.

“you guys should really use this one month of ‘being together’ and make up. because it’s tiring to separate you guys whenever you meet”

of course chenle feels bad for jeno‚ he doesn’t wanna be a burden to him too so he thought about being nice for once to donghyuck.

“just thinking about saying sorry to you gives me the creeps” chenle shuddered as he rolled his eyes. it’s evident to the other two that he didn’t even consider it.

“i won’t force you chenle‚ but i hope you know that once you get to know him‚ ” jeno pointed at his boyfriend who occupied himself by organizing his stuff‚ when he’s just buying time because he just can’t look at chenle.

“he’s really nice. he’s really sweet and affectionate. and if you think that i’m only saying this because he’s my boyfriend‚ ” he laughed and grabbed donghyuck’s hand. chenle watched it all unfold‚ and he can hear his already shattered heart‚ to break again.

“no‚ you can ask the other kids at school and you’ll understand what i’m saying” jeno kissed donghyuck’s hand making the tan boy blush and hide his smile.

the youngest out of the three feels like crying. he doesn’t even know why he’s so hurt. it’s so obvious that he’ll get hurt whatever will happen.

jeno must’ve noticed and grabbed something out from his bag and reached for chenle’s cheeks that was wet from his tears. “i was meaning to give you this yesterday‚ i didn’t get to do it. but it seems like you really need it”

donghyuck watched the two and catched the name that was embroidered in the handkerchief. he then dragged jeno away from chenle and looked at him.

“did you custom made that?” he asked the boy who is just confused as chenle is. “that’s his. he gave me that when we were inside the bus” jeno simply said as donghyuck just bit his lips.

“don’t jump into conclusions babe‚ he’s literally harmless” he pointed at chenle who just finished crying and is getting ready to work.

“but why was he crying?”

“you guys can take a break‚ it’s pouring really hard” their supervisor said as he looked at the pouring rain. the two boys nodded and quickly went to their little shade.

“i wish this rain would last‚ i’m too tired” donghyuck said as he looked at the rain‚ occasionally handing his hand out to catch the rain droplets on his palm.

“i wanna go home” both can agree on that. they can the supervisor coming to them with little envelopes. “you both can go home‚ the rain will last until tonight so it’s impossible to work under the rain” he then handed them the envelopes.

“that’s your pay‚ or your allowance if you’d like to call it” he said and excused himself. “they never told us about paying us” donghyuck said as he looked inside.

“let’s go home. i’m freezing cold” chenle said as he grabbed the tanned boys hands and went to run to the nearest bus stop.

the younger let go of donghyuck’s hands and cleared his throat. “is your house far from here?” he asked as he looked at anything but the older.

“... yeah‚ it’s actually thirty minutes away” the boy replied as he fiddled with his fingers. he’d never had a normal conversation with chenle before.

chenle looked at his phone and it was 2:30 in the afternoon‚ it was still too early to go back home. “hey‚ ” he started and the older looked at him.

“wanna go to the mall?” he just suddenly suggested making donghyuck blink. “w—what?” chenle rolled his eyes and gave up‚ but before he can sit again‚ donghyuck grabbed his wrist.

“sure! let’s go”

donghyuck called jeno to pick them up and after waiting for around 15 minutes the boy finally arrived with his long hair‚ slicked back‚ white t-shirt.

jeno just confusedly looked at them with his brow raising. “i didn’t... know you both would be this close together this fast?” the two boys just looked at each other and then looked away after.

the boy on the wheels just laughed and took them to the mall. “chenle‚ ” donghyuck said and chenle looked at him while jeno on the rear mirror. “chenle was the one who suggested to go to the mall” he pursed his lips and nodded his head.

jeno just found his boyfriend to be the cutest making him giggle. chenle just looked at the two and always wondered how they became‚ well‚ together. he always wondered how jeno can handle an attitude like donghyuck’s.

“... should i call jaemin?” he had rather said that out loud. the two looked at him making him gasp‚ “he’s my friend‚ it’s okay right?” he nervously laughed.

“of course” jeno smiled and told chenle to tell his friend already so if he’s close they can just pick him up. “he said he’s in a café nearby‚ he’s tagging along”

when they finally spotted jaemin‚ the two boys beside chenle were so mesmerized by how beautiful jaemin looked. the both of them were busy staring that chenle was snapping his fingers in front of them.

“you two need to stop giving jaemin the heart eyes‚ ” he scrunched his nose and looked at jaemin who is just giggling. “that will inflate his ego”

donghyuck moved to the passengers seat so jaemin can sit beside chenle. “never knew you have new friends besides me lele” jaemin pretended to be hurt making chenle react.

“what? no no! they’re not my friends!” and he’s low-key telling the truth. “i’m just joking lele but sure‚ ” jaemin looked at jeno and then at donghyuck. so he’s the one that chenle hates?‚ he thought as he looked at the tanned boy.

“is he the one?” jaemin whispered making chenle shudder. “what?” he looked at jaemin whose face is so close to his. “the one making you happy

chenle looked at jaemin with a frown on his face. he just can’t stand unintentionally hurting someone‚ and he hates it. worse is that jaemin is acting like it’s okay for him but it’s not.

“... no” chenle answered as he slightly pushed jaemin away. “he’s... he’s not the one” he looked outside the window making the boy beside him question‚ then who?

the four boys ride through the road‚ silence engulfing the whole car with only the music playing from donghyuck’s playlist. when they arrived in the mall‚ chenle held jaemin’s hands tight.

jaemin was a blushing mess‚ he thought he was being too obvious so he slapped himself and gathered the courage and held chenle’s hand back. meanwhile the two boys were watching from behind them‚ one confused and one amused.

“i didn’t know he has a boyfriend

—lin <3
i am in love w jaele so much :( like the both of them are so so pretty :( and honestly just adorable to each other :(