Chapter 6

Chapter 6

-Tatum-

I took a bite out of my sandwich as I stared at my phone. There was nothing particularly interesting on it, other than my lock screen of my favourite K-pop band. I changed it every month to whatever I was currently obsessed with, and this was my current mood. Last month it was the main characters from my favourite drama, and the month before it was a picture of blooming flowers as summer was reaching its peak.

"He's not going to respond this early in the morning," Billa commented as she sipped her coffee behind me. "He's probably not awake yet, especially since he was drunk last night."

I frowned. "He wasn't drunk," I denied. "He was just having a good time. He wouldn't get drunk after two ciders."

Billa snorted. "Says the person who literally had a cocktail of everything at Adah Moore's party."

I looked down at my sandwich, suddenly losing my appetite. "Please don't bring that up," I said. "Or I'll bring up my breakfast."

Billa sipped at her coffee with a smirk.

My phone vibrated in my hand, and I immediately put my thumb on the side to unlock it. My shoulders slumped as it was just a YouTube notification. I sighed and put my phone down, returning my attention to Billa, whose smirk had only increased.

"What do I do?" I asked rhetorically.

Billa pushed herself off the counter and sat across from me, placing her cup on the very small dining table. "Look, you really like him. This is very clear to everyone. So just tell him after a few dates. See if you still feel the same of course."

I put my head in my hands and groaned. "But what if I can't get those dates? I've already overstepped his boundaries and made a fool of myself."

Billa chuckled. "And that shows just how great he is," she said. "Putting up with you is something only a handful of people can do."

I stuck my tongue out at her. "Good, so I don't need to put up with any as-"

"Yes," Billa interrupted. "Exactly. So, he's not one. I'm sure that you'll get at least a chance with him. Just don't blow it..." she trailed off. "Are you his type?"

"Billa!" I exclaimed and reached over to lightly slap her arm. My cheeks heated up and I looked down. "We haven't really had that conversation."

I hadn't actually thought about sexuality, I didn't like to put a label on myself at all, so I just hadn't considered anything further than Patches liking my personality.

"What? It's important to know," she said and stood up. "I'm going to study."

"Classes haven't started yet," I exclaimed after her. "How do you know what to study?"

"You spend hours doing work, why can't I?" Billa retorted before she was out of my line of sight.

I turned back to my sandwich and nibbled on it. "Come on, Patches."

P: Hey, :) I had a good night too, save for my sister's betrayal. I'd like to do it again too.

T: really? You're not like just pretending you wanna do it because you're being nice?

I mean ...hello

P: I actually mean it, it's nice knowing someone other than Eve. Besides, it's nice to finally get to know you

T: I don't know what that is meant to mean but I'm assuming it's a positive statement.

P: it is, unsure how it could be taken otherwise.