Bonus Chapter 1- Happy New Year Adia

-Adia's POV-

I can't believe that I'm actually doing this. I wasn't working New Year's Eve, which was a very big shock to me. I usually worked on most holidays, apart from Christmas day, my boss wasn't that mean. I always felt sorry for anyone who had to work on Christmas, but I was extremely glad that I didn't have to.

But it was New Years Eve and I had been dragged to another party by Tatum and Crispin. They had declared, or rather Crispin had, that I wasn't allowed to be a hermit on the last day of the year. I thought that I had a solid excuse, until my parents had to go back to Sweden earlier than expected. They had arrived back safe and sound, and they had probably saved the life of one of their cows. They took care of all their animals extremely well, nobody knew the animals better then they did.

So there I was, wearing a sequined black top and ripped jeans in the middle of a house I didn't know too well. I knew who owned the house, Ada Moore. I'd had a crush on her since we were at school together. She had always been the popular girl though; she was social, had stunning looks, and was captain of the basketball team. She was way out of my loner league.

Crispin and Tatum had abandoned me as soon as we entered the house, I assume they were going to annoy Eve. I wandered over to the refreshments and decided to take my chances with whatever alcoholic beverages there were to try and ease my nerves.

"Hey, Adia right?" A high-pitched voice asked from behind me.

I nearly choked on my drink as I turned around to see Adah. Her blonde hair was straight and she wore a shimmering blue dress which stopped just above her knees.

"Yeah?" I asked dumbly before clearing my throat. "Hey Adah, it's been a while." I tried to put a smile on my face, but my nerves shone through like the light reflecting off her dress.

Adah laughed, which I couldn't hear too much of over the music which had increased in volume. "Wa-" I didn't hear much more of her sentence.

She looked at me expectedly. I didn't know what she had said, so I put my finger to my ear and made a confused face. She waved me off and took the cup out of my hand, placing it on the table, before grabbing that hand.

I felt like I was dreaming. My entire world spun as I was turned and twirled to the music. I caught a glimpse of familiar, bright-pink hair, and realized my brother and Tatum were staring at us. They had stupid grins on their faces and were holding their thumbs up.

I was dancing with Adah Moore.

I had long-since concluded that this wasn't actually happening. I was probably asleep, or my drink had been spiked. But I wasn't about to pull away from Adah, whose hands were warm in mine. Whenever a breeze passed, I smelled a mix of strawberry and marshmallow.

"10!"

Shouts erupted from the crowd, causing the dancing to nearly completely stop. Adah let go of one of my hands, leaving it feeling rather cold.

"9!"

Another shout. Adah grinned at me, pulling on my hand excitedly.

"8!"

The lights were still flashing, causing my eyes to grow blurred. There was an image of the timer on the big screen behind the DJ, fireworks flew across the many different cameras as midnight was reached in different countries.

"7!"

Tatum and Crispin walked through the crowd, getting closer to us.

"6!"

Adah was a little bit behind of the count, her voice distinct from the rest of the crowd.

"5!"

My legs were shaking, why were my legs shaking?

"4!"

I held my breath in preparation.

"3!"

This was it.

"2!"

The end of 2020.

"1!"

The beginning of a new story awaits.

"Happy New Year!"

Screams and cheers filled my ears before I had time to comprehend what was going on. I turned my head to the right to grin at Adah, but soft lips met mine. My breath caught in my throat as my childhood crush grinned at me, pink dancing on her cheeks.

"Happy New Year," she said with a grin, squeezing my hand before she let go.

She then walked off into the crowd, greeting people as she went and wishing them happy New Year.

"That's one way to start the year, huh sis?" Crispin said as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder. He kissed me on the cheek, which was now burning with a blush. "Happy New Year."