Week 6: When It's Easter 🐣

Week 6:
When It's Easter
~ April 2nd - April 8th, 2012  ~

***MONDAY MORNING***

I hurried to plop down in the seat across from Miranda. Per usual I was running late to school. Being the great best friend she is, she had coffee and donuts waiting for me. "Sorry I'm late. But I'm here now. Tell me everything. How was your weekend away with Jasper? How was New York? His sister? Spill!" I demanded eagerly with a grin.

"His sister, Amelia, is annoying as hell," Miranda stated firstly. I laughed at the frustrated look on her face. I don't think it would be wrong to assume she didn't have a good time away. Surprisingly she didn't call or text me during the couple of days. "So instead of dinner and a club or bar. We had breakfast at a juice bar where I had to fill up on carrot juice and a protein granola thing. I almost chipped a tooth. Anyways, I starved. Then she took us, along with 10 other people to a silent spa. No phones, no talking, no boy and girl sharing a yurt—yeah, a friggin yurt. Oh, and guess who I had to bunk with?" She was ranting now, she was pissed.

"Who? Amelia?" I guessed.

"No. Anita!"

"Anita?!" I gasped loudly. "Jasper's ex fiancée?"

"Uh-huh."

"He didn't tell you she was going to be there?"

"He claims he didn't know she kept in touch with his sister. But reminded me they all did used to live together in New York. Anita just moved from there recently so... it wasn't a shock they saw each other years after he moved away."

"Wow," I scoffed, shaking my head. "Crazy. Did you have any fun at all?"

"Yeah, my masseuse at the spa was amazing. I almost considered ditching Jasper for him," Miranda joked and I rolled my eyes. "Then Jasper and I took his sister out for dinner, just the three of us. She wanted to call it a night, but I convinced Jasper to go out with me. So we spent a couple hours at a lounge bar playing quarters and swaying to jazz."

"Not bad," I shrugged.

She snorted, "I'm just glad to be home. All we did yesterday before the drive was take Amelia to a shopping mall so Jasper could buy her a birthday present. Took longer than I'd like but I bought myself a fur coat out of boredom."

"So totally lame trip?" I laughed.

"Ugh. Yeah. Never again," she groaned. "Anyways, how was your weekend?"

"It was good actually," I smiled. "Elijah and I took Mia to the zoo Saturday before I had to go to work. Then... M, Mom and I went to visit Danny."

"How was it?"

"It was great. We had lunch, the kids played, and my mom fawned over Daniel and his future prospects now that he's single again."

"She didn't," Miranda gasped.

"She did," I laughed. "But it was nice hanging out with him and catching up. We spent the whole day at his place. It's gorgeous by the way."

"And Elijah?"

I rolled my eyes, sighing, "He leaves tonight."

"What?"

"He told me Saturday night. He's going back to PA to meet with his ex to see some artifact. If it all looks good, they're meeting his brother in Mystic Falls. But he assumes it'll be a week before I see him again."